• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja Suggestions/Ideas

Maybe "Backstab" could be a modifier for ninja's skills:

• Eviscerate: My bleed idea but instead 100% up front and 20% bleed/Slow
  • Blitz: Micro stun of 0.5-0.75 seconds
  • Garrote: Also blinds for a short period after the silence
More ideas:
  • Change backstab from 2.25 and 4.5 bonus damage per agility to -> 1.75 and 3.5 PIERCING damage. With STAB in the name, you think the damage would go past armor.
I like this, it's like my skill, but simpler and better. Probably cuz I'm just stupid... and a pickle

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Some ideas of mine:

Remove Garrote

Make Blitz more useful
  • Reduce base damage by 50
  • Add extra damage based on armor OR based on max HP
  • What has armor and health? Warriors! This change will not hurt casters
New Skill
  • You throw 1 shuriken that does double the regular shuriken damage
  • If it hits you tug the hit player back (not as strong as spear/forcepull tug wise)

Last edited:
No frontflip, no. Backsflip is a great tool for chasing... if you are good with it, and that's how it should stay. On the topic of stuns an instant stun is not healthy for the game. It promotes no counterplay and tends to make people rage. The positional requirement to activate the stun seems to be a way to alleviate the issue, but in the end it would suffer from the same issues as backstab. (almost impossible to get behind a semi decent melee class)
A (short unscaling) stun on blitz could work simply because the skill is obviously telegraphed which opens up opportunities for the person fighting the ninja to interrupt it or get out of its range.
Adding damage or additional effects to envenom is what I call a band-aid solution. It works in the end, but is a lazy way out. Adding stuff to envenom would just turn ninja into another left click class and that goes against the theme of "ninja"

Ultimate point: Please please please please please lets not turn ninja into another boring left click class. Backstab is a very cool feature that adds a lot to ninja, but is gated by the fact that you will never get any backstabs against a decent melee fighter. We don't need a +10 damage patch. That would push the class towards the "OP" range, we just need a new skill to allow us to use the amazing yet unusable backstab.

Whaaat why so down on frontflip xD the only difference between using a frontflip & backflip to chase is u actually utilize the shurikens & ease of access, i cant think of a better situation for shurikens then chasing some1 with low life, and backflip has me spammin em at the ground behind me.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Front flip is pretty much a dragoon jump under a different name. A skill that gave the class endless flak. Ninjas can dragoon jump too!
Jump, turn around 180 degrees, backflip, turn around 180 degrees. Congratulations, you just made backflip go forward. However this is fairly difficult to do, which is a blessing and a curse. Its great because most ninjas can't do it meaning we will never get the hate that goon got, but it sucks because you will probably backflip into a wall every now and then. High skill, high reward, and that's how it should stay.
And if someone is running away from you with their health so low that a single volley of shurikens will finish them off, you have already won the fight

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Front flip is pretty much a dragoon jump under a different name. A skill that gave the class endless flak. Ninjas can dragoon jump too!
Jump, turn around 180 degrees, backflip, turn around 180 degrees. Congratulations, you just made backflip go forward. However this is fairly difficult to do, which is a blessing and a curse. Its great because most ninjas can't do it meaning we will never get the hate that goon got, but it sucks because you will probably backflip into a wall every now and then. High skill, high reward, and that's how it should stay.
And if someone is running away from you with their health so low that a single volley of shurikens will finish them off, you have already won the fight

If someone can't forward backflip they are bad and should respec as soon as they can. :p

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Ooh Devin gave me an idea:
Remove garrote
then
Add in DartGun
Dartgun
: Not useable in combat. Requires you to be holding a sugar cane. Must be at least 20 blocks away from the target.
The target is stunned for 1.5 seconds, and gains nausea for 3 seconds.
Reagents: Arrow
CD: 2m

So how is this skill good? It's a short stun, not useable in combat. So you couldn't stun someone and then burst them to death by yourself. You could, however, have your buddy sneak in closer, then when you dart them, your buddy ninja goes in and smashes em to less than half health. Then you and your ninja buddy could go and finish him. So there we have the ability to, if done correctly, pretty much crush someone like the old ninja could do alone. However, it requires teamwork and more than one stealthy player. You might be about to be found by people searching their base for you. What you can do is you dart the person who would be able to stop you, then smoke and sprint out. Successful escape. And there you have it, guys, situational and short stun.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Remove garrote
then
Add in DartGun
Dartgun
: Not useable in combat. Requires you to be holding a sugar cane. Must be at least 20 blocks away from the target.

So how is this skill good? It's a short stun, not useable in combat. So you couldn't stun someone and then burst them to death by yourself. You could, however, have your buddy sneak in closer, then when you dart them, your buddy ninja goes in and smashes em to less than half health. Then you and your ninja buddy could go and finish him. So there we have the ability to, if done correctly, pretty much crush someone like the old ninja could do alone. However, it requires teamwork and more than one stealthy player. You might be about to be found by people searching their base for you. What you can do is you dart the person who would be able to stop you, then smoke and sprint out. Successful escape. And there you have it, guys, situational and short stun.
Even DivineStun lasts 1.69 seconds with no added charisma, this stun is still too long. Anything above 1 second would make Ninja almost as easy as Wizard.

Remove garrote
then
Add in DartGun
Dartgun

I like the idea of incorporating an item such as sugar cane with more then 1 use for a class :D tho im under the same impression as most about stuns :(, i'd like it if it was a slow & didnt have a minimum range :eek:.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
Even DivineStun lasts 1.69 seconds with no added charisma, this stun is still too long. Anything above 1 second would make Ninja almost as easy as Wizard.
Last time I checked, you can't get to someone 20 blocks away and get more than one if any backstabs in less than 2 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, numbers always have to be tweaked. I just stuck in numbers that seemed adequately reasonable to me. And did it say it scaled with charisma?
EDIT: Grappling Hook. However, if someone's alone in an area where you can easily get around using grappling hook, that's their fault.

Last edited:

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
i'd like it if it was a slow & didnt have a minimum range :eek:.
The reason for you having to be 20 blocks away or more is so that you can't sneak up behind someone and then use this, then wreck them instantly like you would be able to with a close range stun. Since you have to be far away, you can't really do too much during the stun, as you're running toward them in that time.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
Remove garrote
then
Add in DartGun
Dartgun

Ninja is more of a solo class, so making a skill require another person to be good doesn't really mix with the class well. Ninja needs more in-combat skills. This is more of an initiation skill, Ninja has plenty of initiation skills such as kick, garrote, blind and backstab. These skills can be used in combat too which makes them very useful.

Ninja doesn't need a stun, all it needs is a way to get in more backstabs and ability to fight warriors/tanks better.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
But...... What about making envenom good like bastion envenom?
Envenom is actually pretty strong. Without adding in any intellect it gives you 8 bonus damage a hit (that passes through armor-it is magic damage). Using envenom is like using a sharpness 8 sword, but that lasts for 14s.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
More skill ideas....

Skill: Poison of Draining
Stamina: 300
Mana: 125
Warmup: None
Cooldown: 28 Seconds
Description: You poison your blade (sword or shears) with a Poison of Draining, causing each of your melee attacks for the next 14 seconds to deal (25 + 0.1 per intellect point) Stamina Drain.

Or

Skill: Poisoned Blade
Stamina: 250
Mana: 85
Warmup: None
Cooldown: 10 Seconds
Description: You attack your target within (4 blocks) with a Poisoned Blade attack (sword or shears) dealing (65 + 0.75 per intellect point) magic damage. This attack also cause your target to experience nausea.

Xhazed

Portal
Remove backstab switch back to just 70 damage or less idk numbers remove garrote add confuse make smoke how it used to be let fade be used in day light switch the name of it make blitz a skill that u have to be in smoke or fade idk thats what i think shud be done i suck at thinking pls dont f palm i dont want my rating kdr lower

xMJay

Portal
Remove backstab switch back to just 70 damage or less idk numbers remove garrote add confuse make smoke how it used to be let fade be used in day light switch the name of it make blitz a skill that u have to be in smoke or fade idk thats what i think shud be done i suck at thinking pls dont f palm i dont want my rating kdr lower
give cameronduke blackjack so he can lose to me as DK in hole