• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Ninja Envenom and damage bonus from Sneak not working?

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
http://imgur.com/a/JCOkh - album of a quick and dirty test. I only see a very small, possibly random, bonus when using envenom. INT is 0. (INT? Why Int? We have 4 stats to put points into as it is, why am I wasting points on INT?? Don't get me started on CHA...)

I've noticed that my damage doesn't seem to be changing in PvE scenarios. I haven't tested this in a PvP scenario.

I may just be confused on the wording of Backstab which states that: "When attacking from behind with your sword, you do an extra (2.25 per agility point) damage. While sneaking your attacks are more precise and deal an additional (4.5 per agility point) damage." [Emphasis mine.] I read the emphasized part as "all of my attacks" but it may be construed to mean backstabs specifically. Assuming the former, this damage bonus does not seem be applying. Assuming the latter, I couldn't test it as you can't really hit mobs from behind when you're solo'ing unless you get them to fight each other.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
http://imgur.com/a/JCOkh - album of a quick and dirty test. I only see a very small, possibly random, bonus when using envenom. INT is 0. (INT? Why Int? We have 4 stats to put points into as it is, why am I wasting points on INT?? Don't get me started on CHA...)

I've noticed that my damage doesn't seem to be changing in PvE scenarios. I haven't tested this in a PvP scenario.

I may just be confused on the wording of Backstab which states that: "When attacking from behind with your sword, you do an extra (2.25 per agility point) damage. While sneaking your attacks are more precise and deal an additional (4.5 per agility point) damage." [Emphasis mine.] I read the emphasized part as "all of my attacks" but it may be construed to mean backstabs specifically. Assuming the former, this damage bonus does not seem be applying. Assuming the latter, I couldn't test it as you can't really hit mobs from behind when you're solo'ing unless you get them to fight each other.
Yeah take the wiki entries with a grain of salt. With that said, NEVER test damage with a sharpness sword. Sharpness damage isn't consistent. For a lvl 1 sharpness, the damage can be:
  • 0.5 extra damage
  • 1.0 extra damage
  • 1.5 extra damage
This is further unstable when you have Sharp 3:
  • 1.5 Extra damage
  • 3.0 Extra damage
  • 4.5 Exrta damage
That said, backstab only increases your melee damage. Any on hit effects (Such as envenom) don't get increased. Also, there are two versions of backstab. There is the normal one where you just attack from behind and there is the one where you attack from behind AND you are sneaking. Either way, you have to be attacking from behind to get a backstab bonus.

Envenom scales off of INT because it deals magic damage and CC skills scale off of CHA (That's just how it works atm.)

Last edited:

Velenne

Legacy Supporter 4
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for getting back to me about it. The ninja as a class really lacks focus and I didn't realize just how much until I've started looking further into the wiki. (The wiki is out of date, but I digress.)

My tests were unprofessional at best, I realize, but as I play the class and try to use the skills as I assume they're intended to be used, it doesn't feel like I have any sort of extra punch for a melee DPS class. This is based on a few weeks without macros though so that perception may be skewed.

Moralsk

Gold
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for getting back to me about it. The ninja as a class really lacks focus and I didn't realize just how much until I've started looking further into the wiki. (The wiki is out of date, but I digress.)

My tests were unprofessional at best, I realize, but as I play the class and try to use the skills as I assume they're intended to be used, it doesn't feel like I have any sort of extra punch for a melee DPS class. This is based on a few weeks without macros though so that perception may be skewed.

Yeah trust me ninja is a very powerful class. I've fought a lot of ninjas (mostly from a town I won't name) and their backstab is very very effective.