• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja Changes

Do you like these changes?

• Total voters

Ordinary

TNT
Right now Ninja doesn't feel like a stealthy class at all to me. Sure we have Smoke and fade, but they're both only really effective in escaping from fights.

My Ideas:
-Replace the skill "Fade" with a new skill called "Stealth."
  • "Stealth" would slow your characters movement speed by 40%, but your character would become invisible.
  • "Stealth" would break on damage, interaction with any block (breaking blocks, opening chests/furnaces etc.), on attack/skill use, or when the player is within 3 blocks of another player (Not on movement).
-Replace the skill "Blitz" (why do Ninjas get bolt!?) with a new skill called "Mutilate."
  • Mutilate can only be used while Stealthed.
  • Mutilate deals 150 damage, ignoring armor, and slows the target for 5 seconds.
Those are all my ideas for now, what do you guys think?

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Another suggestion:

Star: a targeted slow that lasts for 2 secs and does dmg based on the target's distance (farther away=more dmg); the max range would be 7 blocks.

This skill would replace blackjack. I think this is a good skill because blackjack is currently too good when ninjas can land consecutive stuns but is useless when there are no procs. With this change, ninjas would not be as overpowered but more reliable.

Ordinary

TNT
Another suggestion:

Star: a targeted slow that lasts for 2 secs and does dmg based on the target's distance (farther away=more dmg); the max range would be 7 blocks.

This skill would replace blackjack. I think this is a good skill because blackjack is currently too good when ninjas can land consecutive stuns but is useless when there are no procs. With this change, ninjas would not be as overpowered but more reliable.
Yeah, I was thinking about something like that. Maybe replace Blackjack with a non passive stun, and replacing Blitz with this skill.

macura

Diamond
I agree that being sneaky should be more rewarded. I think that a 5 second slow would be a little of an overkill though.

Ordinary

TNT
I agree that being sneaky should be more rewarded. I think that a 5 second slow would be a little of an overkill though.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about how long it should slow, do you think 3 seconds would be fair?

macura

Diamond
Yeah, I wasn't sure about how long it should slow, do you think 3 seconds would be fair?
Personally i don't think it should slow at all, i think that having blackjack is enough. Maybe slow for 1 or 2 seconds if it was only able to be used when behind the other person.

PhantomWarriorA

ICE ICE ICE!
yes i think blackjack is enough already also ninjas can already stun then backstab you if they added a slow then could do that twice in a row.

Gluzz

Glowing Redstone
Balloon - Your body fills up with air and you may float away
Blimp - like balloon but bigger
Cloud - you become a cloud for 9 minutes

macura

Diamond
I think that stealth would be a really cool skill, but it would have to be kept on a tight leash. I think it would be awesome, but only if it was on a very high cd (maybe 3-5 minutes), you only moved slightly faster than the speed of someone sneaking would and if it only lasted below 30 seconds.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Ninja does not need a 5 sec slow, that would be OP, giving the ninja 5 secs to smash the shit out of their target. If anything give them a more reliable stun that cant be proc'd back to back to back. Also, ninja doesnt need "stealth" skill, what would be the benefit? You get near players, it breaks, you open chest, it breaks. The only advantage would be to avoid pvp. Use sneak and don't walk around in the dessert

Ordinary

TNT
Ninja does not need a 5 sec slow, that would be OP, giving the ninja 5 secs to smash the shit out of their target. If anything give them a more reliable stun that cant be proc'd back to back to back. Also, ninja doesnt need "stealth" skill, what would be the benefit? You get near players, it breaks, you open chest, it breaks. The only advantage would be to avoid pvp. Use sneak and don't walk around in the dessert
Firstly I agree that 5 seconds is much too long, that issue was already adressed earlier. Secondly "Stealth" would be used to sneak up behind your target and get the element of surprise. As is Ninja is a Samurai with less armor with slightly higher burst, when what it should be is a high burst class that uses the element of surprise to kill their target.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Firstly I agree that 5 seconds is much too long, that issue was already adressed earlier. Secondly "Stealth" would be used to sneak up behind your target and get the element of surprise. As is Ninja is a Samurai with less armor with slightly higher burst, when what it should be is a high burst class that uses the element of surprise to kill their target.
"slightly higher" burst is an understatement. Sammy has no burst. We rely on DOT's and more armor. We have no instant damage skills like evis/blitz. Ninja is very powerful and really doesn't need much of a change. They received a HP buff awhile ago, as well as an escape artist buff. Ninja has plenty of stealth, smoke and fade. I think what your wanting is to be able to go invis well in advance of a fight so you dont waste stam on smoke. Thats part of the class. Being invis would be OP

Ordinary

TNT
"slightly higher" burst is an understatement. Sammy has no burst. We rely on DOT's and more armor. We have no instant damage skills like evis/blitz. Ninja is very powerful and really doesn't need much of a change. They received a HP buff awhile ago, as well as an escape artist buff. Ninja has plenty of stealth, smoke and fade. I think what your wanting is to be able to go invis well in advance of a fight so you dont waste stam on smoke. Thats part of the class. Being invis would be OP
What if while "Stealth" was active you could see particles where the player is, similar to the particles you see around a person using a vanilla invisibility potion? That would allow for people to find the invisible player a lot more easily.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Let me get this straight. Stealth = Forever Smoke with some additions that dont even make anything less OP