• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Wizard Skill

Isaaclite

TNT
Frost Tomb
Description: You quickly freeze the air around an enemy, trapping and encasing them in a block of ice
Effect: Forms a layer of ice blocks on all sides of the player (including above the head), that traps the player for 8 seconds (then ice blocks disappear). However, the player can break free earlier by breaking the ice blocks.
Mana Cost: 175
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Reagents: None
Purpose: I'm thinking that this skill could have 2 uses:
1) to kite more by trapping enemies (and they can ready warm skills like arcane blast while the enemy tries to break free)
2) Protect allies, particularly ones like clerics, because by encasing them in ice, they will be protected from enemy attacks for a few seconds, and they can safely heal on the inside.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
While I like this mechanic, I do not think that Wizard should get another control skill. An Entomb skill fits a Support class better. If its IceTomb, Shaman. EarthTomb, Druid.

Wizard COULD get this control skill, but it would need to change other aspects of its playstyle as a result.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
Frost Tomb
Description: You quickly freeze the air around an enemy, trapping and encasing them in a block of ice
Effect: Forms a layer of ice blocks on all sides of the player (including above the head), that traps the player for 8 seconds (then ice blocks disappear). However, the player can break free earlier by breaking the ice blocks.
1) to kite more by trapping enemies (and they can ready warm skills like arcane blast while the enemy tries to break free)
2) Protect allies, particularly ones like clerics, because by encasing them in ice, they will be protected from enemy attacks for a few seconds, and they can safely heal on the inside.
Keep in mind the op it would be on the chases

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Frost Tomb
Need LOS for arcaneblast and heals, so it's pretty much just making them invulnerable except to AoE.

Ultanian

Portal
I think it'd be better if the tomb was used on themself or allies, like for protection. Can be used to buy time to gtp in allies or wait for back up, who knows.

Azzezima

Legacy Supporter 5
Hmm, What about making so it doesn't trap your enemy but yourself.
So i kinda works like iceblock in World of Warcraft.
Any thoughts on this?

-Azzezima-

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I think it'd be better if the tomb was used on themself or allies, like for protection. Can be used to buy time to gtp in allies or wait for back up, who knows.

Sounds like an ability to combat log.

/skill combatlog

Ultanian

Portal
Sounds like an ability to combat log.
Eh, it could. But that kinda fits the wizard lore xD

Just kidding, but being inside the bubble the wizard can still be hit with aoe and I think should be combat tagged while the bubble is there.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
'xcept you can't look backwards and jump with this.
Really hope that isn't serious.
Ofc you can't jump with this, that'd be silly. I meant rooting someone to prevent a jump physically, or on a theoretical level, jump is a perfect getaway whole this is a perfect trap.

Isaaclite

TNT
Ofc you can't jump with this, that'd be silly. I meant rooting someone to prevent a jump physically, or on a theoretical level, jump is a perfect getaway whole this is a perfect trap.

I kind of feel like this skill idea doesn't really match the level of jump, in the sense that "jump is the PERFECT getaway" and this skill is the "PERFECT trap", as in that they would balance each other out (kinda analogous to a shield that cannot be broken, and a spear that can break through anything). So lets say you have a person (lets just say wizard for now) that has this skill (frost tomb), and only this skill, and is trying to catch a dragoon that only has jump. What would happen, would be that the wizard would first use frost tomb on the dragoon. So yeah, but then the dragoon just breaks two ice blocks (in a few seconds), and breaks free, then jumps away. the wizard would then be out of range to cast frost tomb again, so the dragoon would just get away, with low cooldown jump. And I mentioned above that the cooldown of a skill like frost tomb should be something like 30 seconds. But if a skill like this were to be actually implemented, druids or shamans would be better off having it, just as Dsawemd said.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I kind of feel like this skill idea doesn't really match the level of jump, in the sense that "jump is the PERFECT getaway" and this skill is the "PERFECT trap", as in that they would balance each other out (kinda analogous to a shield that cannot be broken, and a spear that can break through anything). So lets say you have a person (lets just say wizard for now) that has this skill (frost tomb), and only this skill, and is trying to catch a dragoon that only has jump. What would happen, would be that the wizard would first use frost tomb on the dragoon. So yeah, but then the dragoon just breaks two ice blocks (in a few seconds), and breaks free, then jumps away. the wizard would then be out of range to cast frost tomb again, so the dragoon would just get away, with low cooldown jump. And I mentioned above that the cooldown of a skill like frost tomb should be something like 30 seconds. But if a skill like this were to be actually implemented, druids or shamans would be better off having it, just as Dsawemd said.
The same works in reverse. If this supposed skill is cast too early, the drag can break out of it. If they use this and the drag uses jump too early, however, then it's over. Just as the opposite is true here.
Anyway, it's not perfect, but that just shows how crazy Jump is.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I didn't mean you could jump with the skill, you said that having this happen to you would be just as bad as jumping backwards. What I was trying to say is that jumping backwards can be used to your benefit, while this couldn't be used to your benefit the same way.