• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion new weapon idea

OysterbOy

Coal
okay so i was on this mcmmo server and they have this this where if you are an archer you CAN NOT no melee damage at all and if you are a caster its the samething and you have to use your bow or your magic.

and i thought this would make the game more fun.

any thoughts?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
That would not make the game more fun.

In any MMO I have played, archer type classes usually have axes, and casters can always swing their staff and most times even have a dagger!

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
my point xD

and why would the classes even need melee? they are range classes, not melee classes
Have you tried using a bow while some guy is bashing you faster than normally possible? Even rangers in real life have a skinning dagger or an ax to work with.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The users have severely reduced damage - why restrict it entirely?

This,
Allowing people to use most items they are not proficient in allows the players to decide how they want to play while not putting an imaginary limitation on them.
How would you work into the lore the inability to hold and swing an axe, sword or spade? My 18 month old daughter swings 2 pound swords around and smacks her brothers enough to make them run.. I am sure a master archer could figure out how to as least do minimal damage.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
This,
Allowing people to use most items they are not proficient in allows the players to decide how they want to play while not putting an imaginary limitation on them.
How would you work into the lore the inability to hold and swing an axe, sword or spade? My 18 month old daughter swings 2 pound swords around and smacks her brothers enough to make them run.. I am sure a master archer could figure out how to as least do minimal damage.

Your daughter is also a ninja, not exactly a fair comparison

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I should record her free falling and put that up. At this time she trusts me enough to stand on top of a 5 foot shelf and free fall backwards while I catch her. Really gets my wife's blood pressure up. Good times.[DOUBLEPOST=1361560188,1361560077][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the de-rail. :(

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I should record her free falling and put that up. At this time she trusts me enough to stand on top of a 5 foot shelf and free fall backwards while I catch her. Really gets my wife's blood pressure up. Good times.[DOUBLEPOST=1361560188,1361560077][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for the de-rail. :(
Please do.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I play the bow class. One of the moves that is most helpful in gaining distance is sprint melee-ing with my ax.

I guess you could force me to do it with my bow, but this suggestion would require re-balancing (non-pyro casters, ranger) and not be correct lorewise and be no fun. Every class needs Something to do in melee range, even if that something is really only a single hit to avoid being facerolled by their opponent.

-1 for over-simplification of class roles/gameplay in general.

Lore for the lols: A wrinkly old man approaches. His wizened head bows before a diamond-studded staff, as he mutters incantation after incantation, hurtling magics towards you. After sprinting and avoiding some of his elemental discharges you reach him, but he cackles and raises his staff. As it bursts into flame you realize your mistake. The old man whacks his epic weapon upside your head....
To discover someone turned his melee damage off, rendering his Fire Aspect Hoe useless!!! ( he either got it from a tourney or a Future-Universe where Scribes can use enchanted books to inscribe hoes) .