• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New ways to level

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
That below is my copied reply to a post in this thread (http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?threads/mobs.6116/#post-40287) about it being to lame to level and hard since grinding is the only way and mining sucks now. Everyone please give more suggestions or say what you think

apabear20xd6 said:
My main point is if they aren't trying to make it a grind they shouldn't make it so that you have to. You said yourself that you had to grind skeleton spawners. I'm going to assume that you did it with blocks in between you and with only a narrow window because they would have killed you otherwise.​

(me)Well I didnt have blocks in between I funeled them into a hall then hit them with my hoe till they died lol and there arrows were hitting the one infront of them so it wasnt hard and it was legal. But on topic I agree we shouldnt have to grind mobs to spec, maybe add a new way to get exp such as if you go to an event and survive till the end you get 10 levels? or just a giant amount of exp? Maybe also we could have small shrines scattered across the map like 50 or so but you have to either kill mobs from spawners to get to them or go through a lava maze or just the spell team dungeons there making again, but you can only go to each one once and you gain 1 level when you complete the task and get to the shrine? I suggest we make a thread for some thing about new ways to level any of you agree?​

Some of the ways that were discussed was having events that if you survived them you would gain massive amounts of exp. Some other ways were allowing mobs to give more exp in general and or have mobs that are away from spawners, like the ones usually out at night be worth a lot more, being that its a lot more dangerous out on the land and the risk of dieing is much greater. Or maybe making the training area worth a lot more exp as well, then more people would use them.

Maybe some idea of quests or maybe some time estimate on when the dungeons are going to be implemented. And if so if there is going to be more exp given in them.