• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

new/unique weapons for classes?

Is this a good suggestion?

• Yes, I think it's a good idea!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, it's not something I'd want to be addded. (Or make)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

jorict

changed topic title /Ilsyde/

This is just a suggestion, and I also don't know how hard this would be, but for up-coming classes, maybe we could implement new weapons? Like for rogues they could use a dagger, and maybe add a crossbow of some sort? I know this wouldn't be a priority but it was just a suggestion.
Also the crossbows could have a slower fire rate but have a little better accuracy and do 3 damage instead of 2? As for the daggers they have a faster swing rate than a sword but do 1/2 less damage than a sword? There could also be other things but just those could make a difference for the class system. One idea for a wizard type class is a staff where you could bind a spell to it, kind of like a Wand mod.

Most of these ideas I got from reading the official Minecraft forums but I just thought it would be cool to have on our server to go with the classes.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
RE: Just a Suggestion

Currently, new weps would have to have a client mod in it. So no for now - yes in the future when its allowed to force client downloading.

J

jorict

On the MC forums I found this, http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=92206&hilit=sdk+guns
This is the reason I asked because I noticed he added multiplayer to it. I don't know if he is using a custom server mod but that was the whole reason, and after all, it was only a suggestion.

Edit: I don't want this Mod itself in the server, it would take away from the fun and cause grieving.

Angusward

Gold

For now, classes can be split fairly well;

Rangers can be limited to leather armor, bows and stone weapons and under (Excepting building tools), rogues are exclusively capable of using sneak, can waer only leather and use iron swords, knights can wear diamond and use iron, and bezerkers can wear iron and use diamond.

If you extended the magic system, then there could be battle mages who can use battle spells (burn, shockwave) but are limited to no armour and wooden weapons and clerics who can wear leather and use buff/debuff type spells (Corrode, Regenerate) and stone weapons. They are classes focused on gaining the battlefield advantage with the first strike. If the attacker survives the enemy spells then the mage is in big trouble.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Jorict, that mod is amazing to play when the server is down lol. Got 4 people in a server with it last night and we had a 2v2 war for like 3 hours. The map became a wasteland.