• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Trade Channel Rules

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
When you do show item, it says what the item is below the name. Idk if that's only for me, but it shouldn't be too hard to read that. Also I'm pretty sure renamed items are in a different font and color

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
In my own opinion, players should be responsible for being gullible enough to buy an item without asking for the item to be shown, they chose to buy it without any proof of what item it was, and they (literally) paid the price for it. I don't think it should be illegal because it isn't potentially game-breaking and it makes players develop a close eye, there's tricks everywhere that aren't illegal, this one shouldn't be either

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
In my own opinion, players should be responsible for being gullible enough to buy an item without asking for the item to be shown, they chose to buy it without any proof of what item it was, and they (literally) paid the price for it. I don't think it should be illegal because it isn't potentially game-breaking and it makes players develop a close eye, there's tricks everywhere that aren't illegal, this one shouldn't be either
Again, it's only illegal in trade chat as trades there are ha keeper by the server. Outside of T you can scam your heart out. As usual being an asshole isn't illegal, however purposefully cheating/misleading someone is.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Again, it's only illegal in trade chat as trades there are ha keeper by the server. Outside of T you can scam your heart out. As usual being an asshole isn't illegal, however purposefully cheating/misleading someone is.
I didn't see anywhere in the rules where renaming a chest was illegal in trade though

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter

As I've said before, showitem proves nothing but that they have the item. With proper wording on their part and a lack of specific wording on yours they could still pull a bait and switch, show one item and give you another item with the same name. To make sure you get the item you wan't you'd have to either specify you are buying that exact item they showed (not something vague like a infinity bow for example but that infinity bow) or have them showitem during the confirmation.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
As I've said before, showitem proves nothing but that they have the item. With proper wording on their part and a lack of specific wording on yours they could still pull a bait and switch, show one item and give you another item with the same name. To make sure you get the item you wan't you'd have to either specify you are buying that exact item they showed (not something vague like a infinity bow for example but that infinity bow) or have them showitem during the confirmation.
Would this bait and switch be legal or not?

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Not.
Bait n Switch is a scam.
Indeed which brings us to the original post. That is a scam also. Either way it is a scam. So if it's legal to scam in that way then one could do it with a bait and switch also.

I'm not arguing for scamming here, I'm just saying how showitem wouldn't protect you from scams (if one were sloppy in their wording) if they are allowed.

Edit: sorry, replied to the wrong person :x And realized my first example is flawed as I did use the word it in it. Such a scam would be annoyingly difficult to pull off but possible.

Last edited: