• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Staff Position - NPC

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
With the addition of nickname changes or whatever its called:

NPC Staff will appear in lore skins at appropriate places. They will only be there for an hour at a time, and will let people know some schedules through the forums (certain NPC schedules will be unknown to the public).

What the position would involve:
Creating NPC personas
Acting out NPC interactions with players.
Active both Forums and In-Game

There would have to be some kind of incentive system for the interactions, and I havent figured out how Lower Staff can grant rewards for quest interacitons just yet (maybe they can grant access to a link that gives a small amount of souls to you once, like Voting does?).

BUT

Upper Staff should totally start putting on skins and ZO'ing it up in the wild, casting Lore-ish Alerts and Zo skills galore. Players might have to fight you, they might have to build a (Vanilla) Desert Temple out of Pumpkins to appease your wrath and gain their reward, they might have to find you a certain reagent to unlock a PVE update Dungeon, ETC.

Disclaimer: This idea is not worthless when real NPCs are implemented, it still can offer interactions that NPCs won't.

Ultanian

Portal
I'd totally apply for a position like that, problem is I'm not active on the game enough... :(

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
With the addition of nickname changes or whatever its called:

NPC Staff will appear in lore skins at appropriate places. They will only be there for an hour at a time, and will let people know some schedules through the forums (certain NPC schedules will be unknown to the public).

What the position would involve:
Creating NPC personas
Acting out NPC interactions with players.
Active both Forums and In-Game

There would have to be some kind of incentive system for the interactions, and I havent figured out how Lower Staff can grant rewards for quest interacitons just yet (maybe they can grant access to a link that gives a small amount of souls to you once, like Voting does?).

BUT

Upper Staff should totally start putting on skins and ZO'ing it up in the wild, casting Lore-ish Alerts and Zo skills galore. Players might have to fight you, they might have to build a (Vanilla) Desert Temple out of Pumpkins to appease your wrath and gain their reward, they might have to find you a certain reagent to unlock a PVE update Dungeon, ETC.

Disclaimer: This idea is not worthless when real NPCs are implemented, it still can offer interactions that NPCs won't.

Where would we apply? And when do you plan on implementing this into Herocraft? I have several forums in the RPG section that you can check to see my writing abilities, intelligence, ingenuity, ect. I would be happy to apply.

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
Where would we apply? And when do you plan on implementing this into Herocraft? I have several forums in the RPG section that you can check to see my writing abilities, intelligence, ingenuity, ect. I would be happy to apply.
Well you would probably apply where all applications are done, in the application section of the forums. As for your second question, he cannot implement it because he is not Kainzo.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
It wouldn't be too much trouble.

These staff could have fun designing and submitting their own scenarios for approval, then taking an hour of their playtime to enact them on RPG.

I think people would apply for it.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
@EtKEnn did this last map. He tried to be an NPC. heh
I agree that maybe staff should start promoting the rpg a tad more but I don't see anyone who actively plays taking the time to do this. Especially because you can do this right now without any fancy title.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The video was recorded back in the days when spawned had several NPCs giving out quests, so I tried to match my messages with the real NPCs. One problem was that I had to manually type out the name of each nearby player, so I used a long time in some cases.

I did get quite a few people, however by the time I got Fraps on people already talked in OT chat about how I was a real player. And yes, I did give out real rewards despite the fact that the whole thing was for fun.

Also, I forgot to thank you for the 2.7K donation @judgedread540 so I'll say it now: Thanks for your contributions in the funding of Camelot :D

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I agree that maybe staff should start promoting the rpg a tad more but I don't see anyone who actively plays taking the time to do this. Especially because you can do this right now without any fancy title.
The difference is, instead of paying the noobs out of your own pocket and keeping the materials they bring you, you have them place the items into an Admin Donation Lwc, and you send them a link that allows them to claim their reward personally.
I would apply. SurvivalManZ would apply. FuzyLogick would apply. Let's move on from the "no one would do it", and examine other points.

Are quest-like or NPC like interactions common on our competitors' servers? Yes.

Are quests coming to Herocraft? "Soon".