• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion NEW STAFF POSITION: EVENT

Good idea?

• Definitely!

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Yes, but needs work!

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No F***ing way!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Droowid

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Hey guys, just a little backstory, I've only been back from a long absence for about a month now, so if this has come up and been shut down already time and time again, please don't bite my head off I didn't know

So here's my pitch:
When I was 11 and being raised by EverQuest because of absentee parents, the one thing I remember the most vividly wasn't raid bosses or new content or player-run RP events and weddings (okay, maybe a few weddings)... it was Mod-run events. Those guys had the idea to hire staffers JUST for the purpose of running giant, crazy events where admins took direct control of a custom-made superboss and had said boss attack either player cities or another custom-made mod-controlled NPC who would cry out for help in the middle of an unused area in the most popular zones. I feel like there are a lot of players, especially people with experience DMing D&D campaigns, who would love to run server events without the other responsibilities of being a mod/admin. This would be really cool because you could have dedicated Event staffers on different sleep schedules, meaning we wouldn't only have events when one of the few active mod/admins is online and not currently bogged down to hell and back by PEs - this is becoming rarer and rarer, hence the need.

I realize this has a lot of potential for abuse, which you handle two ways: First being the high level of scrutiny already applied to staff apps, second being scheduled power windows. What I mean by this is, the Event staffer plans his event well in advance, applies for it, posts info about it on a hidden staff-only forum section, and then is given whatever powers needed to run that event solely during the time the event is to be run.

This idea probably needs a lot more work but that's the basic concept. I would definitely apply for this position if it existed. I am a dedicated veteran and love to help the server out, but work 60+ hours a week and simply lack the spare time to otherwise be an effective staffer.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This is what ALATOR was meant to do >.> though I've been asking for this for a long time haha

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
What, and take all the fun away from admins? =P
Seriously though, it sounds interesting, but I can't say this is the most obvious thing ever to fit perfectly into what HC is atm.
If they go with it, cool, if not I won't lose sleep.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
This is what ALATOR was meant to do >.> though I've been asking for this for a long time haha
I tried having RP-type events once. Only one person showed up. :( People only ever want DoD/Mob Assault.

We will never give non-admins the ability to spawn mobs/vanish/godmode. However, if you wanted to create an event, Admins can run it for you.

Once heroBOSS is finished and we know Quests won't break shit again, we will have many more options than the current swarms of monsters. On that note, it would be cool of MobDisguise was put back on the server. Why was it removed Kainzo? I forget, heh.