• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Skills For Stamina

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
I've noticed for certain classes stamina is a big issue, and running out of it happens quite frequent. I think that adding a couple new skills pertaining to stamina would be nice additions.

Endurance
Mana Cost: 10-20%
Cooldown: 300 seconds
You regain stamina 'x'% faster than normal for the next 8 seconds.

It wouldn't have to be for 8 seconds, and I'm not sure what the % would be. But I think this would be a great skill for Healers, Bards, Samurais, or Goons or any other class that runs out of stamina very quickly.

Adrenaline
Mana Cost: 20-30%
Cooldown: 900 seconds
'Layhands' for stamina. You regain all of your stamina in an instant.

This may be too OP for a Dragoon or Warrior to have, but it might be suitable for another class.

Exhaust
Mana Cost: 10-15%
Cooldown: 20-40 seconds
The user casts a spell on their opponent exhausting them of 4-8 stamina.

This could be a great skill for casters or rogues to counter warriors, though I do see it more as a caster skill.

Let me know what you think of these, if they are too 'OP', if you have any additions to them, or if they wouldn't really fit in with any classes.

maxmaxm

Wood
I disagree. Stamina is in place to limit the amount of skills that a class can use. A player must think about the consequences of draining their stamina below 6, where they will not be able to sprint. If this was not in place, classes which rely on stamina will be able to deal massive damage and then be able to catch a fleeing opponent immediately.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Personally i just think that stamina should regen faster as you gain levels, imagine a ninja running around with a "layhands" for stamina.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
I disagree. Stamina is in place to limit the amount of skills that a class can use. A player must think about the consequences of draining their stamina below 6, where they will not be able to sprint. If this was not in place, classes which rely on stamina will be able to deal massive damage and then be able to catch a fleeing opponent immediately.
In regards to this (and judged), it would only make sense for very specific classes. At this point I'm not sure which class it would be most balanced for. That is the reason why Ninja wouldn't have it.. but it might be more suitable for a Runeblade.

Roadkill also brings up a good point. There should also be skills affecting stamina. Here's another skill that might be a good addition. (Someone think of a better name!)

Exhaust
Mana Cost: 10-15%
Cooldown: 20-40 seconds
The user casts a spell on their opponent exhausting them of 4-8 stamina.

This could be a great skill for casters or rogues to counter warriors, though I do see it more as a caster skill.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
I know I'm biased but I'd love to see a group stamina regen go to bards.

1) It would finally give bards a valuable buff that another class (or easy to get potion) doesn't already do better.

2) It would make playing a bard a bit more challenging. This would be especially true if the resource cost (either mana or stamina) were incredibly high, such that the bard had to decide if he wanted to buff his dragoon groupmate's Stamina regen or cast void song on an enemy caster--he wouldn't have the mana pool to do both. Make it a difficult tactical choice.

Or...just give it to Mystic so they look a little less craptastic. :)

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
adreneline rush, for x duration you gain a big increase in stam regen followed by fatigue (similar to when you eat zombie flesh) that way you can use it when you need it but at a cost. risk reward type thing
i think fatigue should be added as a caster spell.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
I feel like some type of stamina regen boost would be good for bard, affecting other party members of course.