• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Skill: Teleporter Signs

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Class: Engineer
Teleport Range (up for debate: 100-500 blocks)

An engineer will be able to post a sign like below.
_____
[Teleporter]
0:200:0
Spawn

This will enable them to make two signs that will connect each other, but within a reasonable range set by the staff in the config.

What are your thoughts on this new skill?
(Note this is introduced by CraftBook's latest builds)

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Class: Engineer
Teleport Range (up for debate: 100-500 blocks)

An engineer will be able to post a sign like below.
_____
[Teleporter]
0:200:0
Spawn

This will enable them to make two signs that will connect each other, but within a reasonable range set by the staff in the config.

What are your thoughts on this new skill?
(Note this is introduced by CraftBook's latest builds)
Great this will safe town members from walking a long distance, but you should set a large cooldown on the skill cause it is too good. And also cant be used while combat tagged.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmmmm, I like the idea of the skill but I can see chains of these connecting places far away and allowing for people to travel essentially across the map in a matter of seconds unless there a cost for making these signs or even restrict them to only one pair of signs at a time.

macura

Diamond
Hmmmm, I like the idea of the skill but I can see chains of these connecting places far away and allowing for people to travel essentially across the map in a matter of seconds unless there a cost for making these signs or even restrict them to only one pair of signs at a time.
My suggestion would be to just put a medium range on the teleporters and to put on a pretty high cd. Or if this is possible, to put a cooldown on using the sign, maybe 10-20 seconds.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
My suggestion would be to just put a medium range on the teleporters and to put on a pretty high cd. Or if this is possible, to put a cooldown on using the sign, maybe 10-20 seconds.
A cooldown on using the teleporters would make sense to me maybe also a warm up so that it isn't instant.

Favith

Legacy Supporter 7
Another skill for engineers? They just got turrets. :(

This should go to Masons.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
1. It would be necessary to confirm that these signs could not be placed in someone else's territory. I understand that they already can't be placed in a protected zone, but putting a "backdoor teleport" into someone else's home would be unfair.

2. They should be expensive to make.

3. Perhaps they would require a fee or reagent for each use. Not sure if the fee would go to the creator or the admin shop, though. But creating fast travel networks could be a great income source for engineers.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I see several potential flaws in these tbh
  1. Free teleports everywhere:
    • This causes people to teleport everwhere important and now walk
    • Meaning there is now very little chance of death doing anything anymore
  2. Significantly lowering world PvP
    • Results in a more extreme senario than the herogates on Sanctum (which were good and bad)
    • But on the plus side it'll probably encourage large scale trade or more common items like cobble and stuff like in Sanctum
  3. People can connect to each others unless I'm mistaken
    • Extreme security problems for anyone that has a mole (The only piece of info raiders now need is a short pass phrase. Note this kind of betrayal isn't easy to track but can be prevented assuming you secure your teleporter.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The teleporters can be limited in how far they can go. I think even 50 block teleporters would be neat.

We may be able to limit them to a set amount per player, but I'm unsure.
I posted it here to get suggestions, so keep them coming. I'm not sure if the pass-phrase is required if we require linking signs.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Even with the short range teleporters we'd need to limit how many can be made by any person to a relatively small number imo otherwise people can just build relay stations and have the same effect as a long range teleporter.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
What if each use of a teleporter used up a stack of dirt or something as a reagent? Nice way to use that stuff up. :)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A stack of dirt will just cause people to dig up the terrain and make it look shitty like most the deserts do imo.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
Lets make a high-speed teleportation system!

You take a make seperate chambers about 250 blocks apart.

Proceed with the following

• Place first sign in your town, one way if possible, if not place outside of town.
  • Place recieving Sign in 1st chamber, but place 2nd teleport sign in same chamber.
  • Place second Recieving sign in 2nd room, with 3rd Teleport sign in that room.
  • Repeat over and over.
  • Welcome to your high-speed railroad across the map.
I think too many people will do the above, I'll never see anyone to kill above ground by that point ._.
Partner that with the system another town developed for tracking where people are around the map using Receivers and Lamps... oh man..

EDIT - Limit the amount, or this could be bad.

Nightroado

Obsidian
I dislike this idea. I think part of minecraft is traveling from A to B. It should take time to get around, take a little damage from mobs or invest time and resources in making commutes shorter with roads, tunnels, rails, etc.

I would be in favor of only being able to place such signs inside your town. Cuts down on time making the same runs around town made a dozen times daily. Also useful for moving chests.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hang on. Would this be able to teleport cross y-axis? Or would you have to be on the same block level to go from one point to another? (ex: y = 62).

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think short range teleporters are a great idea! Don't tax them, or make them cost coin like a chest shop, make them like [LIFT]s.

I'd love to see teleporters all over towns for the cits to get around. Anybody who's played Legend of Dragoon on PS1 knows what I'm talking about lol