• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Server - Neo Bastion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
The main concept is simple. A new server separate from the current system/setup that resembles the way Bastion was. It would not prevent Kainzo from reaching his goals and I feel like it is something plenty of people want to see. I am putting this up for the hopes that it will happen but I know that deep down it probably wont :(

Two Worlds
  • Neo-Bastion - The main map where everything happens
  • Warshard - A resource map that is reset every so often to keep things rolling
Neo-Bastion
  • Currency
    • Coins
    • Back to Gold as the currency. 9c/ingot
    • Chest shops at the DHX that buy your ingots
  • Class Switches
    • 250s to switch to a class that you have yet to be
    • 500s to switch to a class that you've been before
    • No more relics
  • Towns
    • Back to the simple concept of an admin setting a region
    • Taxes would be payed to an admin, screenshot would be needed
  • PvP
    • No custom items
    • Set armor
    • Loot - You drop everything
    • Classes
      • Almost all of the classes were either broken, buggy, or simply too OP or UP
      • Take the class concepts we have right now and refine them for this server (there would be changes of course)
      • No attributes
    • Party size of at least 10 (maybe up to 20)
  • Leveling
    • Mobs same health throughout the map
    • Same experience throughout the map

Minecraft Version
Now, I don't know if this would be possible but running this server on an earlier version would be more beneficial. I don't remember which update it was but one of them made the server very laggy and it has been that way since. It would give us the good old party frames. We would lose out on some cool stuff but I think it would be for the best

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
We could simply have another server ip for a PVE server to keep PVE players happy and have the current system on that.

PVE
  • Relics
  • Towns 3.0
  • Leveling (how it is currently)
  • Minecraft version Updates
  • Custom items
  • And more...
We have the PVP server has posted above and have a completely different direct connect ip to the PVE server so no items transfer. Players can choose to level and play on both maps or choose one.

Boy I would love this to happen!

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
The main concept is simple. A new server separate from the current system/setup that resembles the way Bastion was. It would not prevent Kainzo from reaching his goals and I feel like it is something plenty of people want to see. I am putting this up for the hopes that it will happen but I know that deep down it probably wont :(

Two Worlds
  • Neo-Bastion - The main map where everything happens
  • Warshard - A resource map that is reset every so often to keep things rolling
Neo-Bastion
  • Currency
    • Coins
    • Back to Gold as the currency. 9c/ingot
    • Chest shops at the DHX that buy your ingots
  • Class Switches
    • 250s to switch to a class that you have yet to be
    • 500s to switch to a class that you've been before
    • No more relics
  • Towns
    • Back to the simple concept of an admin setting a region
    • Taxes would be payed to an admin, screenshot would be needed
  • PvP
    • No custom items
    • Set armor
    • Loot - You drop everything
    • Classes
      • Almost all of the classes were either broken, buggy, or simply too OP or UP
      • Take the class concepts we have right now and refine them for this server (there would be changes of course)
      • No attributes
    • Party size of at least 10 (maybe up to 20)
  • Leveling
    • Mobs same health throughout the map
    • Same experience throughout the map

Minecraft Version
Now, I don't know if this would be possible but running this server on an earlier version would be more beneficial. I don't remember which update it was but one of them made the server very laggy and it has been that way since. It would give us the good old party frames. We would lose out on some cool stuff but I think it would be for the best

If we were to downgrade minecraft versions will some classes need to be changed and tweaked as they may have features for the class that can only be possible in the versions later on. Certain skills may not work... D:

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
If we were to downgrade minecraft versions will some classes need to be changed and tweaked as they may have features for the class that can only be possible in the versions later on. Certain skills may not work... D:
With a good dedicated coder or two we would be able to deal with all those class/skill issues

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
I similarly think that to some degree, these additions are getting out of hand. Bastion was my favourite map, and I would love to see something like it once more.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
So just to clarify:
- new map
- jump ingame and pick a class
- no grind or minimal grind
- quick gear acquisition
- all of the losers gear drops
- Rinse and repeat

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Bring back arena's as well! And I am pretty sure us balance would be willing to balance the classes again with no attributes and stuff.

Last edited:

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I would LOVE to see a DG Bastion hybrid. Much simpler times. I guarantee it would bring back people. This would also benefit the server. More people=more donations/votes/etc

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo If we can get enough support behind this, can we ever see this possibly happening in the nearish future?

I am sure this will have great success if this was to go through... <3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're not back stepping into the dark ages. However, some things are being changed - starting with Townships 3.0. I consider a lot of things "up in the air" in terms of gameplay. Mob based distance from spawn, is a meh thing for me. Randomly spawning bosses, would be more fun imo. Relics/Custom items are staying, they are simple and easy to understand and provide a great mechanism for the community we wish to attract. Gold holding value is very plausible again.

Spawn pits and MA's were part of DragonGuard, not Bastion era.

It is impossible to "stay down" versions with all the shit going on. 1.6+ has had increasing lag and theres no way we're going back to 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.