• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New rogue class suggestion

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Right, just hear me out before you start replying with "we already have enough class's" or "the class's we've got now need to be balanced, we shouldn't add any more" bla bla bla.I do agree with those points but after looking though the list of classes to choose from, none of them seem fun to actually use. Sure I could choose a strong class with skills that get the job done (ranger, paladin ect) but where is the fun in that? (Riding in on a horse as a tank does seem like a laugh though, especially after reading all paladin related nerf suggestions on the forums).

Now my suggestion for the class as an overall would be to have it to depend on chance/ luck ALOT. This meaning, all skills that the class has a chance to do a different effect (whether it being a good or bad). So for example;

[Skill name] - Russian roulette
[Skill desc] - You load different ammunition into the chamber of your revolver and pull praying the favour of the gods are on your side (I'm not good at stuff like this, okay?)
[Skill effect] - You will have 30% chance to directly effect their health, 40% to effect their stamina, 30% chance to effect their mana for X amount of points/damage.

Another example of a skill could possibly be;

[Skill name] - Gamblers chance
[Skill desc] - Do you feel lucky, punk?
[Skill effect] - Over a time period of X, 15% of the damage you deal has a 50% chance to heal you or a 50% to damage you.

Anyway, id really like feedback on this wheter it being positive, negative or even other suggestions for it. Any how, skills that follow the same characteristics as these crude examples could lead to some funny situations within PVP as well as giving a weird, fun class to use and funny stories to talk about!

JazzDesignation

Staff member
Coder
Legacy Supporter 8
Would never be a viable choice of a class to play. You'd never ever know that you'll be able to enter a fight and win it.

Yes, it would be funny, but even against mobs, you wouldn't know if you would survive the fight.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Well as I look at it, it would be risk vs reward. If you were to say, get all the best effects for the set of skills. It would give you a huge advantage over the other player/ target but the likelihood of that happening would be quite low. It would just add a new play style to the set play styles already in place. But I appreciate the feedback Jazz! :)

JazzDesignation

Staff member
Coder
Legacy Supporter 8
Well as I look at it, it would be risk vs reward. If you were to say, get all the best effects for the set of skills. It would give you a huge advantage over the other player/ target but the likelihood of that happening would be quite low. It would just add a new play style to the set play styles already in place. But I appreciate the feedback Jazz! :)

I agree with the risk vs reward, but it just wouldn't be a viable option imo.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
after looking though the list of classes to choose from, none of them seem fun to actually use. Sure I could choose a strong class with skills that get the job done (ranger, paladin ect) but where is the fun in that?
-snip RNG class-
Most people do not prefer % chances to do damage, they prefer knowing the tools they have and then learning how to utilize them.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Most people do not prefer % chances to do damage, they prefer knowing the tools they have and then learning how to utilize them.
I agree with you mostly but at the moment theres nothing like this class. So id prefer to have the option there rather than it not

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
No % chance based classes please, I hate all things that have a % to happen.

Think old BlackJack, it could either win a fight or lose a fight. Wasn't fun to go up against because it was dependent on luck and not on player skill.

UltimateOptics

Legacy Supporter 7
No % chance based classes please, I hate all things that have a % to happen.

Think old BlackJack, it could either win a fight or lose a fight. Wasn't fun to go up against because it was dependent on luck and not on player skill.
I was going to say, blackjack was removed because it was unreliable and the outcome of the fight was dependant on that skill.