• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New rig

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
In the last weeks I've been trying to "build" a little gaming rig. I've read guides and tips on the internet, and I've came up with a (possible) final build. I'm posting it here just to make sure the setup is good and all the pieces fit together. Feel free to say anything about it, including other suggestions or personal builds. Thanks!

Case: Thermaltake commander MS-III
PSU: Segotep Raynor Power 650W
Mobo: Gigabyte 990XA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX X6 6350
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270 OC Dual-X
RAM: 2x HyperX FURY Blue 4GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
DVD-WR: Asus DRW-24F1ST/BLK/B/AS

The price I can get for all the pieces listed is about 775$.
Keep in mind all of these are shipped to Europe, Romania.

Last edited:

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
These days you don't really need a disc drive. If you don't need it, spend that money somewhere else. Everything looks fine. I would suggest a SSD to anyone if they can afford it. Are you planning any overclocking? If so, the stock cooler won't do, so I would suggest a more robust cooler. These closed loop water coolers are fantastic. The corsair H80 is a fantastic cooler option for mild overclocks. If you have any other questions, let me know. I have built a few systems in my day. Good luck

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
One other thing I forgot to mention. Get a better PSU. Not too familiar with segotep. But, I wouldn't trust it being quality. I recommend corsair, nzxt, coolermaster, thermaltake, antec or evga for a PSU

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
My recent build:
Diablotek Evo mid atx case
ASRock extreme88x fm2+ mobo
AMD Kaveri 7850k unlocked black APU
8gb Gskill extreme 2400mhz
1TB/8MB hybrid HDsd
8x lg blue ray disc player/dvdrw
Win 8.1 pro
$675 with OS
It boots in 8-10 seconds runs 100-120 fps with Minecraft and will run all but the most resource intensive games

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Could you tell me where you bought that from (and where the said company is shipping) ?

@j2gay
I bought the mobo, case, APU and OS from a local retailer called micro center. They have a website but I'm not sure they ship to Romania. The rest I purchased at new egg.com

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I've used this to choose my PSU, is there need for more power ? I do plan on overclocking.

@w0nd3rb0y
Plenty of power. My only concern is quality of components. Not all 650w PSUs are created equal. I would hate for you to spend all this money and have you PSU fail and fry your components. Your power supply needs to be good quality. I wouldnt get anything that isn't at least bronze certified. I use the corsair ax760i in my current build. A bit expensive, but fantastic.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
i have a macbook pro, so do i win?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
No. Mac is for lay people who can't figure out how to work a real computer.
yeah so trew man i am so dumb coz i have a mac ya ya ure to trew bruv maybe i should get good?

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
@w0nd3rb0y

Is Super Flower a good company for PSU's ( SF-650P14P 650W seems reasonable enough ) ?

Is 650W enough or too much?

Also, AMD or Intel/Nvidia ?

From my "researches", I've found that an AMD cpu is better for my budget. I have no problem with the loss of Advanced PhysX from nvidia, and AMD gpu's seem to be both cheaper and better than nvidia.

Also, if you do know a PSU at about the same price, I'd greatly appreciate.

Last edited:

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
@w0nd3rb0y

Is Super Flower a good company for PSU's ( SF-650P14P 650W seems reasonable enough ) ?

Is 650W enough or too much?

Also, AMD or Intel/Nvidia ?

From my "researches", I've found that an AMD cpu is better for my budget. I have no problem with the loss of Advanced PhysX from nvidia, and AMD gpu's seem to be both cheaper and better than nvidia.

Also, if you do know a PSU at about the same price, I'd greatly appreciate.
Again I am not familiar with the brand. Look at NZXT psu's. I think they are pretty affordable. 650w is plenty. For a single card system, 550 should be ample. For budget I would go AMD APU over an Intel CPU. I am on team green though. I like Nvidia over AMD.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I got a new desktop for my birthday little over a week ago:

some quad core amd processor running at 3.70 ghz

12gb ram

some integrated graphics..

and a 2tb hdd, oh and windows 8.1

Runs everything i throw at it perfectly, so im happy :)