• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug New relic drop rates - are pretty low

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
If we're still to be able to use relics and codexes to change classes, we need to actually get them. If the drop rate is too low, players won't bother and will just pay the money.

In 25 minutes of grinding at the wither skeleton dungeon, @Spartanator117 got 2 relics.

In 45 or so minutes of mining, I got one relic. (I got 2 emeralds, 16 diamonds, 20 gold, 1.5 stacks of iron, 12 stacks of lapis, 50 stacks of redstone and 13 stacks of coal, 3 large shards, 1 small shard, 11 small fragments and 16 tiny fragments).

I've been told the drop rates are currently similar to relic IVs for the new relics and old relic Vs for the new catalysts.

As I've mentioned, I'm not sure that relic Vs for Professions have been dropping for some time. I haven't seen any, or seen any profession codexes on the global market.

I don't understand whether the new profession relics drop from all ores, or just from the ones that 4s and 5s previously dropped from.

I don't know whether the tables in the wiki that say certain path relics drop from certain mobs has ever been right or not.

Was there ever a Relic of the Lost, as announced? Will there be one now?

Spartanator117

Glowing Redstone
Before when the old relic system was still on, 25 minutes of grinding would pack my whole inventory full of relics as well. Not sure if the drop rates have been coded wrong, but theres obviously something not right with it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Drop rates are exactly the same.

We removed Relics 1 through 3. Those drop rates are gone. It is highly likely your inventory was full of Relics 1 through 3, not anything else. Relic 4 now are Order/Chaos and the Catalyst is the Relic 5.

Patch 7.8.1 has addressed this issue so its less severe with the amount of items.

You basically went from having:
5 relics per (90 possible drops)
to having 2 relics per class (36 drops)
with a catalyst for each path.
so 36 + 5 = 41

Which is severely less.

Last edited:

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
I'd also like to express something:

Profession Catalyst doesn't even drop. At all. After mining around a stack and a half of diamonds, and 2.5 stacks of emeralds, not one catalyst dropped, not even from Gold and lapis. Either I am so unlucky or they legit don't drop at all...

spiralz

Obsidian
I would typically find several relic IVs (Smith IV usually... hmm) in a single mining trip back in the day. So according to what others have said, it sounds strange.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Global market only has combat relics for sale atm. No profession relics, no catalysts at all. Not a good time to be sampling, I'll grant you.

I'd really like to know whether the info in the wiki is correct. If it is, and if the new relics have replaced IVs and catalysts have replaced Vs, then this will be the case:
  • Coal, Redstone, Iron, Quartz will now not drop any relics
  • New relics will only drop from Lapis and Gold
  • Catalysts will drop from Lapis, Gold, Diamond and Emerald.
@Kainzo @just_jeff94 can you confirm whether this is the case now?

Also what's the story with new relics/catalysts dropping from wheat harvesting - will this happen?

Btw, with the profession relics at least, I used to find the drop rates for 1s and 2s were very similar to 3s and 4s.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Global market only has combat relics for sale atm. No profession relic
s, no catalysts at all. Not a good time to be sampling, I'll grant you.

I'd really like to know whether the info in the wiki is correct. If it is, and if the new relics have replaced IVs and catalysts have replaced Vs, then this will be the case:
  • Coal, Redstone, Iron, Quartz will now not drop any relics
  • New relics will only drop from Lapis and Gold
  • Catalysts will drop from Lapis, Gold, Diamond and Emerald.
@Kainzo @just_jeff94 can you confirm whether this is the case now?

Also what's the story with new relics/catalysts dropping from wheat harvesting - will this happen?

Btw, with the profession relics at least, I used to find the drop rates for 1s and 2s were very similar to 3s and 4s.

So the drop rate may be too low, but its the same as mobs.
Code:
    Drops:
    - item: SPIDER_EYE:1-1:0.5
      displayname: '&b&lOrder Relic of the Alchemist'
      lore:
      - '&9Item 1 of 3'
      - '&7&oCombine Order and Chaos Relics'
      - '&7&oto create a &6&lCodex of'
      - '&6&lAlchemist.'
      - '&e&oDripping with poison, do not eat.'
    - item: GLOWSTONE_DUST:1-1:0.5
      displayname: '&b&lChaos Relic of the Alchemist'