• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Ranger Skill

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
rangers are the master of the bow, correct? Correct indeed. So they should be able to draw the bow at incredible speeds. So I propose:

Quickshot- It could be one of two things.

1. Quickshot- Your next three shots, fired with 10 seconds, fire instantly, without you having to draw the bow.

2. Quickshot(passive)- Your immense power with the bow lets you draw your bow 35% faster.

Thank you for reading,
SurvivalManZ, the Wandering Ranger

Vidal_B

Legacy Supporter 4
The only skill i think the ranger should have is something like disengage from wow. It's at a pretty good spot right now imo.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Disengage would making kiting too easy, as it stands grappling hook can pull you tremendous distances if you know how to use it, and ice volley has a pretty decent slow attached to it
The 3 shot "instant arrows" would be cool and would be far more reactive than another passive.

MajDeath

Portal
Disengage would making kiting too easy, as it stands grappling hook can pull you tremendous distances if you know how to use it, and ice volley has a pretty decent slow attached to it
The 3 shot "instant arrows" would be cool and would be far more reactive than another passive.
It would also drop most squishy classes(anyone but a warrior) down to somewhere between 2-4 hearts from full if you land all 3.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
The triple quick shot...no please, lets not bring back a skill similar to arrowstorm

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
@SurvivalManZ let me clarify what I meant.

Arrowstorm was a skill that would rapidly fire off full damage arrows and apply whatever arrow you were using (poison, ice, etc.). This skill was ridiculously OP because it would practically one hit squishy classes and deal heavy damage to more heavy armored targets.

The skill you are suggesting would not be as OP but would still be way too strong. One fully charged arrow onto a squishy target normally does about 2 hearts. Imagine if that squishy got close to you and you let this off, they would be down 6 hearts. Then you could simply use explosive shot and aimed shot to finish them off.

Ranger already has a lot of 'free' damage. Explosive shot is fairly easy to hit and aimed shot is a heavy damage nuke, neither really have a big setback to using

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
@TrueCorruptor

What if there could be a warm-up for this skill, and a cool down that would make it impossible for a person to use it more than once in a fight, unless the fight stretches out really long.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@TrueCorruptor

What if there could be a warm-up for this skill, and a cool down that would make it impossible for a person to use it more than once in a fight, unless the fight stretches out really long.
The question is, is this really necessary? I would say that ranger is in a decent position in terms of balance. Adding skill for the heck of it isn't the best idea.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
I don't think so. I still think that if a Ranger goes head to head with a Warrior, even if the Ranger has a good amount of space between them to put in a few arrows, eventually, the Ranger is going to fall.

@TrueCorruptor
@malikdanab

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why do you even play Ranger? All you do is ask for a buff on a class that is already amazing and OP as Hell with Punch II Like really man................ Ranger Can Hit for like What 250ish Per shot with Loads of Agility? (Correct me if Im Wrong) Ranger could easilly Land all these arrows IMO, So your Saying a Ranger should have More Instant Damage then A Wizard?

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe if we are lucky he will see this and chime in, but @Tommy221 was probably the best damn ranger I have ever seen. A man so accurate with a bow I swear they programmed aim-bot off of his shots
It all comes down to how accurate you are with your shots. Even a regular ranger without a punch bow can knock someone back approximately three blocks a shot and if you can land a majority of your shots a melee class is going to really struggle to stay on top of you. Learn how to do the half-shot (not charging up your bow all the way to fire off less damaging arrows at a faster rate) even without a punch bow you can use this to keep distance at mid range
Ranger is one of the easiest and most straightforward classes to understand (shoot people with arrows) but to be good at ranger you have to practice practice practice. Find a team fight and practice shooting there, your teammates will act as a buffer to keep enemies at bay while you home your aim

I implore you to install fraps (you can get it for free) and record your fights. Then when you are bored or nobody is online sit down and re-watch them. It's a great learning experience, you will start to see what you do wrong, what you need to do to improve, and what your enemies do that really screws you over (keeping a tally of how many shots you miss is useful too)

@Dsawemd you played a mean ranger too so input would be great

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe if we are lucky he will see this and chime in, but @Tommy221 was probably the best damn ranger I have ever seen. A man so accurate with a bow I swear they programmed aim-bot off of his shots
It all comes down to how accurate you are with your shots. Even a regular ranger without a punch bow can knock someone back approximately three blocks a shot and if you can land a majority of your shots a melee class is going to really struggle to stay on top of you. Learn how to do the half-shot (not charging up your bow all the way to fire off less damaging arrows at a faster rate) even without a punch bow you can use this to keep distance at mid range
Ranger is one of the easiest and most straightforward classes to understand (shoot people with arrows) but to be good at ranger you have to practice practice practice. Find a team fight and practice shooting there, your teammates will act as a buffer to keep enemies at bay while you home your aim

I implore you to install fraps (you can get it for free) and record your fights. Then when you are bored or nobody is online sit down and re-watch them. It's a great learning experience, you will start to see what you do wrong, what you need to do to improve, and what your enemies do that really screws you over (keeping a tally of how many shots you miss is useful too)

@Dsawemd you played a mean ranger too so input would be great
yeah TBH @Tommy221 was an Amazing Ranger *Cough* Still beat him as a Cleric and Disciple 1v1 *cough* @Dsawemd was a really good Ranger too IMO, Just gunna say this here Because I agree with you, and I dont think I've ever told these People that they are good and they deserve to be told <3

RagingDragon5

Portal
Why do you even play Ranger? All you do is ask for a buff on a class that is already amazing and OP as Hell with Punch II Like really man................ Ranger Can Hit for like What 250ish Per shot with Loads of Agility? (Correct me if Im Wrong) Ranger could easilly Land all these arrows IMO, So your Saying a Ranger should have More Instant Damage then A Wizard?

250 damage is an incorrect number.