• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New plugin - Clans - thoughts/opinions/etc?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is now on TEST.HC.TO - please join and test it out!
Greetings!
I am looking for public opinion about this plugin being on Herocraft.

The plan:
Keep Townships in its current form until it can be repaired or another system integrated. Release clans as a side-plugin for those who want to pvp/etc.

The purpose?
Brings a dynamic event to PVP, allows players to create groups on the fly (for souls) and set allies and rivals with other Clans. Note the Tracking ELO plugin will be removed if Clans comes in - because it has its own.

The big issues?
No clan auto-protection. Will not integrate "seamlessly" into Townships.

The killing stuff.
Killing a rival - yields you 2 pts
Killing neutrals - yields you 1 pts
Killing non-clan-players - yields you 0 pts.

How do I create a clan?
Set cost of 500s to register a clan, 1000s to "verify" it. (These numbers can change)

Clan Commands:
caZUHsE.png

Clan profiles;
Ll47uAO.png

Current Rivals -----
SUCuXNu.png

Leader Boards
BUse6YB.png

---------------------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts?

[USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39][USERGROUP=39]@Heralds[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12][USERGROUP=12]@Moderators[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] | [USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9][USERGROUP=9]@Admins[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]

Last edited:

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I always thought Guilds and Clans were the same if not then very similar. If it were me I would just change everything guild wise to clan then.

I like the idea for clans. :)

Last edited:

Bluekitty17

Legacy Supporter 5
This looks pretty good.
It seems like it would be pretty good for people who want to play together often enough to make the price worth it, and don't want to go through the hassle of making a town.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Not worth scrapping the township plugin that you guys worked so hard on. Why not just improve on the system that is in place rather than using someone else stuff...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not worth scrapping the township plugin that you guys worked so hard on. Why not just improve on the system that is in place rather than using someone else stuff...

Why I'd consider a move away at some point in the future?
  • Lack of "massive" Testing.
  • Lack of API.
  • Lack of Active Devs.
  • Too many self-created large projects.
When it comes to core features, Townships has them - but lacks a lot of the things that add a lot to the experience. We started off with Townships made with rings, hand placed by the gods. Now it's not what it used to be and this saddens me.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Looks pretty cool, would take some time to get used to it. Also, would the plugin be tweaked to suit herocraft more?

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I really like this. Will this also fix the killing of lost souls since they give 0 points?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
If you're talking about it replacing Towns, how would it appeal to non-PvPers?

Would Herocraft then become a completely PvP-focused server?

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
I like the idea of clans but I definately don't want to get rid of townships. And I agree with Witch, how will this impact those of us who are not into the pvp?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Maybe if this is implemented we could finally give professions the attention they deserve.

My only issue with towns is that it somewhat makes professions pointless once set up. The requirements are a tossup between mats and souls. Once the regions are in it's just souls making professions kind of lackluster. Seeing as this is just souls maybe it would give people a better idea of how to make professions better? idk

That being said though this does have some functions that townships lacks and I like it a lot. I'd vote to put it in for a replace altogether but idk what the long term affects on the server would be.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I would be for adding anything that would allow for more community options. Herocrafts lifeblood is in it's community and any support there is good, but not at the expense of other community tools such as townships.
As an addition to townships in some way this could be great, I had always thought that official clans/guilds would be awesome with it's own tagging and user lists but Townships are more important.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you're talking about it replacing Towns, how would it appeal to non-PvPers?

Would Herocraft then become a completely PvP-focused server?
Our goal is to have servers and play styles for everyone. With a central area for all of them to play/conversate in a respectable manner.