• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Pirate class suggestions! :o

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Gonna make some ability suggestions for the upcoming pirate class. Im gonna be hella general though, half because im lazy and half because most of the tiny details should be left to the balance team (Like mana cost and stuff)

- First and foremost, I think the pirate should wield a bow and sword, goes well with the theme of a pirate and stuff

Pirates are pretty well rounded when looked at from a theme point of view. Where when you look at a knight you instantly think tanky, it's hard to put a card on pirate. They're crazy agile when they need to be, and do okay damage. Some pirates can even be tanks. What I'm trying to say I guess is that the pirate should be a well rounded class, with a kit of damage, agility, and some defense (Not much defense though cuz yknow....rogue...)

More ability suggestions!

- Buckshot - Shoot a blast infront of you dealing damage in an aoe (In HC's case, because theres no guns, this ability could spray some arrows infront)

- Recoil shot - this ability would charge up for like 2 seconds and then would shoot a single (pretty darn strong) arrow pushing the user back a few blocks. If the arrow hits, it'll slow the enemy.

- Plunder - Passive ability for a chance to siphon resources from enemies when hitting them, (Would take random resources like coal or iron from player inventories and things like string and porkchop when hitting animals/mobs) This ability is more on the aesthetic side of things.

- Pirates wit - Steals the opponents weapon for a couple seconds (Wont work witha full inventory)

- Cannon fire - the ability would have a pretty generous range, which can be aimed by looking at a spot on the ground. You'll shoot "Cannons" from your imaginary ship. In reality though, after 4 seconds from activating the ability, the spot that you looked at will explode dealing damage to nearby enemies. This would be a great engage skill as i could imagine it dealing a lot of damage, you could even use this one for support. If the user is smart enough, the pirate could even use it in a fight for great extra damage if it's well placed.

- Cutlass combo - This would be the pirates engage ability, the ability would consist of 2 shot dashes which would deal some damage, finishing off with a cleave.

- Scurvy - Apply scurvy to your next 3 hits, slightly slowing enemies and reducing their healing

- Quick shot - Quick 2 arrows fired infront of the pirate, wouldnt have too much range but would have a pretty low cooldown. This would be the pirates filler ability, especially with all the other high cooldown stuff, this ability will help to keep the dps going

- sea legs - Yep, walk on water.

- Summon the flying dutchman - High ranking skill, would summon a skeleton or something to fight for a few seconds (Probably wanna rename this one)

Welp thats all i could come up with for now. Hopefully one of these suggestions makes it into the pirate class but uh yeah, haveagoodday.

I think summon the flying dutchman could be called "BRING BACKUP!" also IF your a pirate you could have a skill called evade that with make the enemy miss a hit or 2 that with go under agility. and for defense you could have parry what parr6 dose you use the skill and you block an attack then do like 100 dmg. I cant thing of a dmg skill

Last edited:

_Trains_

Obsidian

What about the ability to look through a telescope and analyze the player? If it was used, the pirate would be able to see the following:
- Health
- Level
- Class

Another idea, is that pirates can use boats! Finally, a use for boats in the water.

_Trains_

Obsidian
Boats are evol.
But then @Dafefman, why are you riding one? :confused:

eEeDCAC.jpg