• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

New Newbie Guide

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
So, I was going through Heroes Discussion, and noticed that my old Guide I was making kinda got abandoned by me. So, before I get back to updating it again and such, figured I'd ask - Do you think there is the need for another Beginner Guide, with how things are nowadays? If so, I can get to work revamping it sometime soon.

Also, if yes, what would you want to see? I plan on having the following, as of yet.
  • Rules
  • Terminology
  • Whitelisting
  • Commands
  • Heroes
  • Outside links/Other servers
Kainzo Barnubus Dielan9999 Symbolite Scycor Archmage_Lloyd @OtherGuidesAndStuff

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Yes, I think there is a need for one that is not only linked in chat, but explains everything short and sweet, giving appropriate links to places on the website.
If we were to make one, I think we would have to make it a lot less sloppy than the ones before hand. Ie mine and yours TheMormon

I will make one, and I'll do it before the end of tonight.

It okay if I post the rough copy here for feedback?

10apes

Gold
Under Heroes section you should post the perks for specializing again in your primary class and all the info about it becsuse the wiki does not talk much about it. You should include pros and cons for spevializing again.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes, I think there is a need for one that is not only linked in chat, but explains everything short and sweet, giving appropriate links to places on the website.
If we were to make one, I think we would have to make it a lot less sloppy than the ones before hand. Ie mine and yours TheMormon

I will make one, and I'll do it before the end of tonight.

It okay if I post the rough copy here for feedback?
I'd say the sloppy part of mine was Heroes, since I had plans to use Photoshop or Illustrator to do it fancier, but decided against it. But yeah, you can work on something, post it here or PM to me, and I can work on something too. I was going to have mine more expanded than short ones, but yeah. Still organized with sections and subsections, anchors, etc.,

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Under Heroes section you should post the perks for specializing again in your primary class and all the info about it becsuse the wiki does not talk much about it. You should include pros and cons for spevializing again.
I don't want to take usefulness away from Wiki - It would just be descriptions of different classes. Wiki should still be a main source.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
If you need any help with this I would be happy to lend a hand. :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We can also re-clarify this in the wiki too...

Scycor

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, not quite sure what we could do... If we don't already, we could form a FAQ that we could have a short link to. EX:

How do you choose your class?
/hero choose <class>

How do you choose a profession?
/hero prof <profession>

How do you get a class title in front of your name?
Master the class and /title list to see what's available.

We could do something sort of like that, I'm keeping track on questions that are asked too often.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Over the last week I redid a lot of signs at tutorial island. It would be interesting to see if any of the questions are happening less often now.

One error I know I've left there - /ch r instead of /ch re - must return to fix.

How do you choose your class?
/hero choose <class>

Moving on from the basic commands to how players select a path, I'd really like to see a quiz in the format that MsGigi set up here available somewhere to new players - and old, for that matter. Whether tute island, guides, wiki, whatever. Wherever it is most likely to be seen and used.

I asked Kainzo about it and he suggested it be set up as a maze.

Wouldn't it be easier to have a forum thread explaining all of the commands, in a big list A-Z?
example:

/hero choose <class> (Chooses your primary class, Warrior, Healer etc...)
/hero who <class> (Lists all the players with that class online)

edit: Maybe this was almsot what Scycor said :3

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Guys, keep in mind, We cannot do *every* single command. This guide should have the bare essentials *only* like what important commands they should know, rules, White listing process, appropriate links and how heroes work. Anything more is unneeded and is a waste of text and time.
Mine is coming along well, but I'll need to revise it and such because I wrote on notepad.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Witch is there an hc.to short link too the Wiki newbie guide? I was reading through it, seems somewhat up to date, only missing info on Greyson.