• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Miner Skill

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
This we effectively has this skill in back in the old runecraft days back in Kingdom and early Sanctum but it got removed due to it being so. This is just a balancing method and to focus the skill as a space clearer and not as a resource mining tool.

Exactly, i think its a great and much need skill.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't feel like miner needs a buff...

Besides miner already has excavate so in my opinion this should replace excavate if implemented because excavate + area mining would be pretty powerful.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I don't feel like miner needs a buff...

Besides miner already has excavate so in my opinion this should replace excavate if implemented because excavate + area mining would be pretty powerful.
I very much disagree with this. The point in adding this is to make miner more about actually digging than hey you get free shit at arbitrary intervals when mining.

If anything I think it should replace one of the miner passives. Not to mention it would be very easy to code this so that it doesn't stack with excavate.

Last edited:

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I very much disagree with this. The point in adding this is to make miner more about actually digging than hey you get free shit at arbitrary intervals when mining.

If anything I think it should replace one of the miner passives. Not to mention it would be very easy to code this so that it doesn't stack with excavate.

I think it should stack with excavate, and just have a CD that means it can only be used once in excavates duration.

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it should stack with excavate, and just have a CD that means it can only be used once in excavates duration.
And have entire sections of map missing because miners decided that uncovering 12 blocks at once while mining is worth paying attention to what you mine in that 3x3 area so you don't accidentally mine diamonds.

I believe this skill will create a big change in souls / h of mining for the miner profession.

Thinking more about it a miner wouldn't even use it when they use excavate but while excavate is on cd so you actually don't accidentally mine those greater/lesser ores. I think someone that does a bit of strip mining can easily see how this skill would affect the rate at which souls will be gained. As long as souls/ money is gained from mining I don't believe this is a viable skill as proposed.

As to its uses I believe miner is a great class for strip mining with having excavate and all. In my opinion as a miner are able to get more souls / h of mining than the other professions just from excavate alone not counting extra ores or anything like that. This will only widen the gap. Now if souls were only gained from killing mobs that would be another story though I don't know if that's a viable option.

Last edited:

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
And have entire sections of map missing because miners decided that uncovering 12 blocks at once while mining is worth paying attention to what you mine in that 3x3 area so you don't accidentally mine diamonds.

I believe this skill will create a big change in souls / h of mining for the miner profession.

Thinking more about it a miner wouldn't even use it when they use excavate but while excavate is on cd so you actually don't accidentally mine those greater/lesser ores. I think someone that does a bit of strip mining can easily see how this skill would affect the rate at which souls will be gained. As long as souls/ money is gained from mining I don't believe this is a viable skill as proposed.

As to its uses I believe miner is a great class for strip mining with having excavate and all. In my opinion as a miner are able to get more souls / h of mining than the other professions just from excavate alone not counting extra ores or anything like that. This will only widen the gap. Now if souls were only gained from killing mobs that would be another story though I don't know if that's a viable option.

Remember that the block gets destroyed, nothing drops from it - I assume that also includes soul drops.
Also, its 9 blocks, not 12. 3x3.

It's more a skill to be used to clear large areas while creating towns. The fact it completely destroys blocks should deter people from using it while 'strip mining'.

As for mobs dropping souls, i swear ive got plenty of soul drops from mobs.

sidesummy

Glowstone
Yea, We just want this as a space clearing tool, not a mining one. So it stacking with excavate would be preferred. and even then it still would not mean any more gapping hole in the map, as that is not the goal of large area clear in the first place.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

Actualy. An easy solution to prevent people for using it for souls is to have a cooldown large enough to make it ineffective for mining. Maybe twice as long as excavate, so its like a "Free boost" for those digging citys and possibly a minor boost for people mining :D