• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion new global channel - balance

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
And what is this chat for ?
I personally thought that was pretty obvious. When people lose, win, or anything they end up complaining and 'qqing' about what is OP, what is too weak, etc. This chat would be a place for them to do this instead of flooding offtopic chat or AO chat (for the muted players!)

nikki3point0

Legacy Supporter 3
I personally thought that was pretty obvious. When people lose, win, or anything they end up complaining and 'qqing' about what is OP, what is too weak, etc. This chat would be a place for them to do this instead of flooding offtopic chat or AO chat (for the muted players!)

I find it highly doubtful that such a channel would be used at all. If people are QQing, they're going to do it where they can get the most attention, and where they think their voice will be heard.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I find it highly doubtful that such a channel would be used at all. If people are QQing, they're going to do it where they can get the most attention, and where they think their voice will be heard.
Keep in mind whining is against chat rules. It's on /rules too, reporting it with proof will slowly solve this. Few ppl do it however so the QQ remains strong.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
-1 for any Server Chat designed for whining, we have /ch slap, that's good enough.

-1 for calling a Whining Channel "Balance"

If you really need this, someone use their donor channel to make a Salty PvP channel.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I assumed that this chat would be used to discuss the balance of classes, not as much qqing... I personally would love a chat to talk about class balance

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I assumed that this chat would be used to discuss the balance of classes, not as much qqing... I personally would love a chat to talk about class balance
If you want a casual chat to talk about Balance, many of us have donor chats and we could set one up, I like talking about balance in-game too.

To be clear: Upper Staff and Balance Team will not be using an official in-game chat channel to listen to players direct experiences of PvP , to do so would be a major change.

Continue using the Suggestions/Bug Reports/Exploit Reports forums to reach Upper and Balance on a variety of balance topics. We use the forums (in case timezones do not match up) rather than chats. This lack of staff presence in the conversation, among other reasons, leads me to believe that any public chat with the chat name "Balance" will mostly be used for complaints and whining.