• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Endermage suggestions!

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
Not too long ago I created a suggestion thread for the upcoming Pirate class, you can see that Here

So now I've decided to create a suggestion thread for the upcoming endermage class.

Alrighty to start it all off, I think the endermage should be a mobile disruption class with some good damage. As for weapon choice, i feel like using a hoe is kinda the go to option, but the class could use an ender pearl as a weapon to be unique.

Unique Abilities (Abilities other than the regular fireball and stuff) Like with the brawler suggestions, I'm going to be very general and leave mana and stuff to the balance team.

Ender eclipse: Probably a higher level ability, the ability would form enderpearls that close directly infront of the endermage. If the ability manages to collapse on a player, the player will be rooted and the endermage will teleport backwards. This ability would be the primary combo starter against melee or up close classes. Because of its extremely short range, it should be used when a melee class begins to get close.

Ender pearls: Yeah kinda obvious that the endermage should be able to use ender pearls

Dimensional warp: The ability would have a decent warmup time and then would create portal effects on the enemy, distorting them and making it very difficult to see. This would be a good ability to use in conjunction with ender eclipse.

Ender crash: medium level ability which would have 2 parts. first the endermage would shoot an enderpearl up at a 50 degree angle and teleport to it, and then another enderpearl straight down causing the endermage to teleport and crash down doing some damage in an aoe. This ability is probably.... impossible to code.

Enderball: a fireball type of ability but instead of a fiery snowball, the ability shoots an enderpearls straight forward, that travels kinda slow. If it hits it does some damage and gives the enemy a mini version of dimensional warp

Total eclipse: The endermage would rapidly teleport in a clockwise direction, teleporting for a total of 5 times (Forming a pentagon shape). Each teleport would shooting an enderball at the center location of the pentagon shape. This ones probably top tier ability, would probably be best used directly after ender eclipse.

Welp ye thats all i can think about. Thanks for viewing :p

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
#PuppetMaster #Cyromancer

These suggestions kinda get passed over. If Kain has confirmed two classes, they're probably already set in stone unless the suggestion is out of this world steller and perfect. Even then, he might not even put it in.

(Someone suggested putting 9 loot badges in a crafting table and getting a loot token. 9 loot tokens made a loot boost token 10%. Kain commented saying it was a great idea, and it fucking was, but here we are.)

J2BH

Legacy Supporter 7
I understand your concern but i asked kainzo if he would consider suggestions if they were created and he said yes :p

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Endermage is basically going to be the offensive version of shaman. The shaman offensive skills will be split and put into endermage, while shaman will focus on buffing allies and disabling enemies. I'm pretty sure we already have all the totems coded...

Jmann9000

TNT
Is it possible that the Endermage class can be put on the wiki? I happen to be an endermage class right now in the server but I found it odd that the class isn't on the wiki.

Byrozy

TNT
I think that endermage should be a more mobile class then splitting shaman in half because I don't really see why it's called "endermage" If it doesn't have any mobility skills like an enderman for example blink or the use of enderpearls would make it more ender like.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Endermage is basically going to be the offensive version of shaman. The shaman offensive skills will be split and put into endermage, while shaman will focus on buffing allies and disabling enemies. I'm pretty sure we already have all the totems coded...
I personally think that grabbing the skills or ideas is a massive coppout in hero design. In my opinion I would rather wait months for someone to code each skill for an entirely new hero than get Endermage with the exact same themes as Shaman. I do NOT want to see a hero with a split off of a current classes' theme. I want casters to get a quality creation akin to that of swashbuckler, regardless of the time it takes to fully release the hero.

Just because you take something and paste a new name on an old concept does not make the entirety of it new. I personally and not interested to see the continued development of endermage under the pretense that it will be based heavily on already set circumstances.

In other words, quality over pace. Take your time in development in a new hero, and abandon the idea of throwing old shit into a new hero. If we have to wait another map or so in order to get new an interesting caster with a unique idea, then so be it. I will be comfortable knowing that the design is wholly unique and brings something to the server, instead of adding to a bulk of the stale content.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I personally think that grabbing the skills or ideas is a massive coppout in hero design. In my opinion I would rather wait months for someone to code each skill for an entirely new hero than get Endermage with the exact same themes as Shaman. I do NOT want to see a hero with a split off of a current classes' theme. I want casters to get a quality creation akin to that of swashbuckler, regardless of the time it takes to fully release the hero.

Just because you take something and paste a new name on an old concept does not make the entirety of it new. I personally and not interested to see the continued development of endermage under the pretense that it will be based heavily on already set circumstances.

In other words, quality over pace. Take your time in development in a new hero, and abandon the idea of throwing old shit into a new hero. If we have to wait another map or so in order to get new an interesting caster with a unique idea, then so be it. I will be comfortable knowing that the design is wholly unique and brings something to the server, instead of adding to a bulk of the stale content.
All the classes are getting majorly revamped. The current version was just for this map's release, don't worry