• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Druid Skill

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
At the Momment Druid is an Extremely Over Powerd Solo class due to its Ire and Kite Playstyle, I suggest decreasing some of its party heals by replacing healing bloom with a chaotic visions type healing skill shot

Name: Renewing Waters/Wave
Desc: A Renewing Wave courses out of the Druids hands Healing all targets within it for 100 (+1 Per Wisdom)
Same Mana Cost
Mabye could have a warmup of like .5 seconds?

Also Could Fit Shaman

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
At the Momment Druid is an Extremely Over Powerd Solo class due to its Ire and Kite Playstyle, I suggest decreasing some of its party heals by replacing healing bloom with a chaotic visions type healing skill shot

Name: Renewing Waters/Wave
Desc: A Renewing Wave courses out of the Druids hands Healing all targets within it for 100 (+1 Per Wisdom)
Same Mana Cost
Mabye could have a warmup of like .5 seconds?

Also Could Fit Shaman
If it's overpowered for soloing, why decrease the party heals? Even though it heals less, some people might even like this skill more because it's instant while healing bloom is over time.

Last edited:

Clawscript

Obsidian
I have been Druid for a while, and even killing mobs solo is an amazingly tedious task, because after 3 hours of using Ire as one of your only combat skills, many other mobs will have found you.
Here's why:
-At its "roots" (no pun intended), Druid heals and helps teammates using nature-related skills. This means it basically isn't fit to solo.
-Ire has a cooldown of 10 seconds, so don't even think about going far from the spawn because you will wait many minutes to kill a single zombie.
-No matter how much you heal, the spells are meant for party members and not yourself. For example, Soothe gives more than 40 extra hp to targets than it does to you.

That's why it's a Healer class.

MajDeath

Portal
I have been Druid for a while, and even killing mobs solo is an amazingly tedious task, because after 3 hours of using Ire as one of your only combat skills, many other mobs will have found you.
Here's why:
-At its "roots" (no pun intended), Druid heals and helps teammates using nature-related skills. This means it basically isn't fit to solo.
-Ire has a cooldown of 10 seconds, so don't even think about going far from the spawn because you will wait many minutes to kill a single zombie.
-No matter how much you heal, the spells are meant for party members and not yourself. For example, Soothe gives more than 40 extra hp to targets than it does to you.

That's why it's a Healer class.
Half these things can be said about Bloodmage too.. however both of these classes dominate in PVP even if they are some of the worst to kill mobs with.

Clawscript

Obsidian
Half these things can be said about Bloodmage too.. however both of these classes dominate in PVP even if they are some of the worst to kill mobs with.
Never tried it in PvP, though I guessed that with a dodging and fast-moving enemy more fit for battle you basically don't stand a chance alone. If you'd show me a video, though, it would help ;)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Never tried it in PvP, though I guessed that with a dodging and fast-moving enemy more fit for battle you basically don't stand a chance alone. If you'd show me a video, though, it would help ;)
I swear to god all these people I've never seen Saying Druid and Bloodmage arnt Op as fuck make me want to shoot myself.
I honestly think I was one of the Best Druids on the server, I played it before anyone else too so I think I know the class very well. TBH Just Cuz a Class cant kill mobs very well dosnt mean it cant wreck in pvp.
If it's overpowered for soloing, why decrease the party heals? Even though it heals less, some people might even like this skill more because it's instant while healing bloom is over time.
Both are Pretty OP I've Heard but My Arguments on druid Stem from its ability to solo so, That is a very good point ;)
This would make it so it cant hit itself with Healing Bloom which would help a little bit

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the I'm game description for healing bloom only states it heals the Druid for 30~ hp

Clawscript

Obsidian
I swear to god all these people I've never seen Saying Druid and Bloodmage arnt Op as fuck make me want to shoot myself.
I honestly think I was one of the Best Druids on the server, I played it before anyone else too so I think I know the class very well. TBH Just Cuz a Class cant kill mobs very well dosnt mean it cant wreck in pvp.
Well then, show me how that's true! A link to a video/picture, as I said :/

ruger

Coal
Well please dont use overpowered firstly, and you say its a strong solo class, then why remove healing boom? I do think druid could use a new aoe skill, one that takes about 30% mana and has a cooldown of 20s, Disagree'ing with "chaotic vision" type move because of ire. Maybe a warmup of .4 and the move deals n/a dmg ? move similar to pulse

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Well please dont use overpowered firstly, and you say its a strong solo class, then why remove healing boom? I do think druid could use a new aoe skill, one that takes about 30% mana and has a cooldown of 20s, Disagree'ing with "chaotic vision" type move because of ire. Maybe a warmup of .4 and the move deals n/a dmg ? move similar to pulse
omfg people Druid isn't supposed to bring ANY aoe damage to a teamfight Even @Delfofthebla and @malikdanab agree with me their, Get it out of your heads

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
omfg people Druid isn't supposed to bring ANY aoe damage to a teamfight Even @Delfofthebla and @malikdanab agree with me their, Get it out of your heads
I never said that...
My opinon on druid:
A healer the specializes in DOT heals and utility skills. I don't mind druid having AOE as long as its balanced for its role. Ire and Bolt are both boring skills that don't really fit the class. Side note- entangle is stupid because you shouldn't have powerful CC on a support.

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Looks like the "o" chat has finally spilled over the the forums! (About time). But again, I honestly think Druid is a very stable class. There aren't that many complaints about it (Don't think I've seen one excluding this post)so why fix something that isn't broke? Personally I would change one or two skills around but it isn't needed currently. We however need to turn our attention to other classes that are 'broken' such as DK (this is coming from personal opinion). Now onto the skill.

The skill itself though does seem interesting. However, I wouldn't change healing bloom for this skill as healing bloom is a regen effect over time. This suggested skill is an insta health gain (pretty much like soothe to an extent). If you were to combine these two skills together in solo'ing (using soothe then this skill, swapping between em after their CD's) you would then have a stupidly strong class.

At a wisdom level of 35 (using this level as it is within the suggested attribute build thread) soothe would heal for 165.75. Now using your suggested skill at the same wisdom level. That would be an additional 135. Giving a grand total of using both skills 300.75 HP. Now this would be a ridiculous class to use. Keep In mind soothe has a CD of 5 seconds (basically nothing) with a very low mana cost of 45. This class does not need another skill like soothe (insta health gains).

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Looks like the "o" chat has finally spilled over the the forums! (About time). But again, I honestly think Druid is a very stable class. There aren't that many complaints about it (Don't think I've seen one excluding this post)so why fix something that isn't broke? Personally I would change one or two skills around but it isn't needed currently. We however need to turn our attention to other classes that are 'broken' such as DK (this is coming from personal opinion). Now onto the skill.

The skill itself though does seem interesting. However, I wouldn't change healing bloom for this skill as healing bloom is a regen effect over time. This suggested skill is an insta health gain (pretty much like soothe to an extent). If you were to combine these two skills together in solo'ing (using soothe then this skill, swapping between em after their CD's) you would then have a stupidly strong class.

At a wisdom level of 35 (using this level as it is within the suggested attribute build thread) soothe would heal for 165.75. Now using your suggested skill at the same wisdom level. That would be an additional 135. Giving a grand total of using both skills 300.75 HP. Now this would be a ridiculous class to use. Keep In mind soothe has a CD of 5 seconds (basically nothing) with a very low mana cost of 45. This class does not need another skill like soothe (insta health gains).

Both are Pretty OP I've Heard but My Arguments on druid Stem from its ability to solo so, That is a very good point ;)
This would make it so it cant hit itself with Healing Bloom which would help a little bit

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
This wouldn't be a buff to the class's solo ability it would be a small nerf, BUT BABY STEPS BABY STEPS

Beau_Nearh

Portal
This wouldn't be a buff to the class's solo ability it would be a small nerf, BUT BABY STEPS BABY STEPS

I don't even know what you're suggesting now. Right;

would your new skill be able to heal the caster?
If the answer is yes to the above, what % of it would actually heal the caster?

Another point is what is the difference between this skill and a splash potion of healing as they are both doing the same thing, right?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I don't even know what you're suggesting now. Right;

would your new skill be able to heal the caster?
If the answer is yes to the above, what % of it would actually heal the caster?

Another point is what is the difference between this skill and a splash potion of healing as they are both doing the same thing, right?
its chaotic visions but blue and heals