• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion New Donator Perks

draconis99

Holy
Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Spout grants players access to many things, and a friend of mine and I thought it would be awesome to add skins into the fray.

T7 donation status would allow players to lay claim to their skin and any others who equip their skin to troll could have their skins removed until they change them.

T7 donation status also gets access to a new feature that allows custom skins for suits of armor. The armor that the donator wears retains all of the stats from the armor you wear, but simply takes on a different skin that the donator could set. An example would be making a set of armor look like a knight's suit of armor instead of the ugly diamond blocks, and every suit of armor that they put on looks like their suit of knight armor.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Spout grants players access to many things, and a friend of mine and I thought it would be awesome to add skins into the fray.

$5 donation would grant players the ability to show their skins they have set that are not the normal "Steve" skins. Skins found offensive could be removed.

T7 donation status would allow players to lay claim to their skin and any others who equip their skin to troll could have their skins removed until they change them.

T7 donation status also gets access to a new feature that allows custom skins for suits of armor. The armor that the donator wears retains all of the stats from the armor you wear, but simply takes on a different skin that the donator could set. An example would be making a set of armor look like a knight's suit of armor instead of the ugly diamond blocks, and every suit of armor that they put on looks like their suit of knight armor.

You want people to have to donate in order to have a skin?

There's a difference between giving someone a perk for donating, and removing something for not donating. I know I personally would never donate if they were stripping big pieces of the game in order to get more money off people. Only thing as far as I know they do this with now is flint & steel, which isn't a big deal since firespread is disabled, but everyone likes to have their own skin.

That would be like having to pay to build with the new types of planks, or wool.

Also, a lot of players don't make their own skins. The ability to claim a skin you haven't made is pretty ridiculous. I would be pretty frustrated if someone took the skin I'd made for myself and then I couldn't use it because they donated more than I did.

As for the armour, it's actually a cool idea, although it makes it harder for you to tell what another player is wearing, but the default armour looks really bad. Texture packs solve this issue, but it would be nice if it looked less shit for everyone.

5pyPig

Legacy Supporter 4
Not to mention that the server would have to keep track of a person's armor and send that image file to each player who is near the person, a waste of server resources.

xxMASSCHAOSx

Legacy Supporter 3
Even if I was a Tier 7 donor I would have to disagree because I agree with Glent. Claiming things that aren't your's just because you donated more money than someone else would be extremely unfair. And the armor thing, 5pyPig is right, it would be way to complicated to do that, even if the server used a client.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
If the armor thing were to happen, I would NEVER use spoutcraft. Simply because if I'm PvP'ing, and I see someone with Diamond Armor that looks like Leather armor.... It would fucking throw me off. If it looked more like knight's armor, how would I tell what armor that person is wearing?

Default is better and texture packs fix the ugliness of default, although I really don't have a problem with default.