• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion NEW CLASS: Vampire

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Pros:
- Extremely marketable. There are hardly ANY vampire games out right now, but there are movies and TV shows coming out constantly. If you started advertising a vampire class I'm confident that your numbers would jump substantially. PLUS the vampire fans are pretty die-hard. If you had this on the shop as a 5-10 dollar unlockable class people would be scrambling to grab their credit cards. You could also have this unlock as part of the karma titles. If you get infamous+ this class unlocks. (A vampire hunter, Angel, or something else could be used for 'good' titles)
-Would facilitate certain types of traps/buildings/roads that would have to be built to cater to the vampire class.

Cons:
-Might end up with a server with 90% vampires!

Passive Abilities:
1. Burn in the sunlight like zombies
2. Increase stats at night time
3. Smell Blood: Other players with less than half health show up on the vampire's minimap.
4. Takes extra damage if a stick (stake) is used to melee them.
5. Drink Blood: Melee damage would give a small chance to heal the vampire

Skills:
Wolf Form: Increase movement speed and lose all abilities except bite & growl. (growl an aoe fear)
Bat Form: Night Vision
Mist Form: Able to phase through dirt and stone.
Ghoul: Party buff that only works in night. Increases strength on target cannot be self-cast.

TL;DR Vampire would be a super strong pvper during night time at the cost of being extremely weak and vulnerable during the day.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
One major flaw... Vampires don't turn into wolves.

While a cool idea, I think this would be very suited for a mini game where there is one vampire and they hunt players at night and turn them into vampires. Think infection from halo.

JenksLaw

Legacy Supporter 7
Mythology is rife with countless variations of vampire, many of which have far less obvious shapechanging powers (spiders, scorpions, cats, ravens, orbs of light, balls of dust, etc). But in fiction, when a vampire possesses any shapechanging powers at all, the most common forms I've seen are wolf, bat and mist. Even Bram Stoker's Dracula was able to assume those three forms, and they're also the typical vampire forms I've seen in most roleplaying games (such as Vampire the Masquerade, D&D, etc).

http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/mud-administration/4259-yes-vampires-can-turn-into-wolves.html

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Vampires are more of a race than a class
2. It's not recommended to suggest entire classes
3. Yes Vampires can turn into wolves (they have shape-shifting abilities and can transform their entire or parts of their body.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Vampires are more of a race than a class
2. It's not recommended to suggest entire classes
3. Yes Vampires can turn into wolves (they have shape-shifting abilities and can transform their entire or parts of their body.
Definitely better as a race.

And wait, vampires can be like warewolves? My mind had just been blown.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While this sounds neat, I don't believe it fits into the lore / rpg aspect of Herocraft.

Maybe when we bring up our herogames server :)

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Definitely better as a race.

And wait, vampires can be like warewolves? My mind had just been blown.

Actually it varies based on whose Folklore you read, but Vampires have powers including:
Pyrokinesis, Necromancy, Telekinesis, Psychic abilities, Control of: (Animals, Elements, and Weather), Faze through walls, and summon those who have been consumed to name a few. Outside of "gods," they are some of the most powerful mythical creatures there is. Also, is Herogames our spin on the Hunger Games/Battle Royal?

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Actually it varies based on whose Folklore you read, but Vampires have powers including:
Pyrokinesis, Necromancy, Telekinesis, Psychic abilities, Control of: (Animals, Elements, and Weather), Faze through walls, and summon those who have been consumed to name a few. Outside of "gods," they are some of the most powerful mythical creatures there is. Also, is Herogames our spin on the Hunger Games/Battle Royal?

I heard they also sparkle in the sunlight.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I heard they also sparkle in the sunlight.

Based on ancient folklore, the don't have reflection. Due to that you can say that besides burning in day light they don't interact with light it being reflection or refraction. So it would not only be stupid for them to sparkle, but also defy the concepts which define them. Next you will tell me that fatal wounds can be withstood as long as you have a strong inner-spirit and believe in friendship?

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Based on ancient folklore, the don't have reflection. Due to that you can say that besides burning in day light they don't interact with light it being reflection or refraction. So it would not only be stupid for them to sparkle, but also defy the concepts which define them. Next you will tell me that fatal wounds can be withstood as long as you have a strong inner-spirit and believe in friendship?

According to my geniune book about vampires, they do indeed sparkle. "However, the cells that make up their skin are not pliant like our cells, they are hard and reflective like crystal". I will rescind from the topic, as it is foolish and childish. Good day to you sir.