• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [New Class] Footpad

Do you think the Footpad would make a good class?

• Total voters

BilltheCynic

Stone
Class: Footpad

Lore: These souls believe that speed trumps all. They are light on their feet and extraordinarily fast. Legend has it that some are so fast they can run over water, and a select few can even walk on the clouds. Weaving in and out of battle, they harass their enemies with their spades and their snowballs.

Weapon of Choice: Snowballs and Spade

Base Stats
Health: Base Health: 590
Health per level: 4
Health at 65: 850
Mana: Base Mana: 500
Mana per Level: 2.5
Mana at 65: 663
Mana Regen per 5 seconds: 20
Stamina Regen: 40
Base Armor Weight: 30

Base Attribute Allocation
Strength: 3
Constitution: -4
Endurance: 5
Agility: 10
Intellect: 0
Wisdom: -5
Charisma: 0

Damage
Wood Shovel: 15-28
Stone Shovel: 18-35
Iron Shovel: 21-43
Diamond: 27-49
Gold: 31-54
Snowballs: 15-30 (Scales with agi)

Skills

Level 1: Potion
You can drink Potions
Cd: 3 min

Level 1: Tumble
You are able to fall (1+.01 per agility point) additional blocks without taking damage.
Cd: passive

Level 1: Sneak
You go into a sneaking state for 8 minutes, which holds if you are attacked but is cancelled if you take damage.
Cd: 3 sec
Stamina: 400

Level 1: Kick
You deal (40 + 1.25 damage per Str point) damage to you target within 4 blocks and silence them for 2.5 seconds.
Cd: 9 seconds
Stamina: 300

Level 1: Light footed
Your speed increases by .75% per agility point, you can run up one block without jumping, and you can run even when your stamina is out.
Cd: passive

Level 5: Poisoned Stone
You poison one of your snow balls, dealing (35 + .25 per agi point) damage plus and additional (5 + .25 per int point) damage every two seconds for ten seconds.
Cd: 15 seconds
Mana: 50

Level 10: Summon Snowballs
Summons eight snowballs
Cd: 15 sec
Stamina: 100
Mana: 100

Level 15 and 50: Water Walk
Creates a 3x3 ice platform under you and party members within 10 blocks that moves as you do when you are over water. At level 50 creates a cobblestone platform while you are over lava. Lasts 15 seconds
Cd: 30 sec
Stamina: 150
Mana: 150

Level 20: Ricochet
You throw a snowball for (60 +.25 per agi point) damage at your target. If there is another enemy within five blocks of him, the snowball ricochets and hits him two, as well as a third target if he is within 5 blocks of the second target. The snowball's damage is halved every ricochet and it cannot hit the same person twice. Takes one second to warm up.
Cd: 9 sec
Stamina: 250

Level 25: Hurry Up
Reduces your movement speed by 10%, but makes your party within ten blocks travel run at your speed unless they would otherwise be faster. Does not stack with speed potions, hustle, or Accelorando. Cancels when anyone in your party takes damage. Use the skill again to cancel it.
Cd: 10 sec
Stamina: 350
Mana: 350

Level 30: Throat shot
After .5 seconds of careful aiming, you throw a snowball at your target that deals (40 + .5 per agi) damage, as well as interrupting their casting and silencing them for 3 seconds.
Cd: 20 seconds
Stamina: 350

Level 35: Twister
Throws eight snowballs in all directions.
Cd: 12
Stamina: 375

Level 40: Freedom
Immediately break free of any stun or slow effect, even piggify!

Level 45: Arc Shot
Throw five snowballs in a 45 degree arc, dealing (40 + .5 per agi point) and knocking back anyone hit.
Cd: 15 seconds

Level 50: Sweep
You sweep you enemy's feet out from under him with your spade, dealing (35 + 1.5 str) damage and slowing them for 1.5 seconds.

Level 55: Hustle
You move at triple speed for as 30 seconds. After it ends, you get nassau and slowness for three seconds. If you take and/or deal damage while it is active, you get nassau and slowness for 8 seconds.
Cd: 45 sec
Mana: 400

Level 60: Rapid fire
Throws eight snowballs at once at the target, dealing full damage per snowball.

Level 65: Wind Walk
You create a condensed cloud (a snow block) underneath you feet for (10 + .1 per int point) seconds. Pressing space raises the block up while pressing shift lowers you. You move at normal speed while in the air.
Cd: 1 min
Mana: 300

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Some of the skills are over powered, Like windwalk. Superjump is being removed, so why try to implement something similar to it.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Heck they cant even have custom items that raise the speed and they will have issues with the new minecarts because they allow players to go over the speed allowed by the anticheat

BilltheCynic

Stone
Some of the skills are over powered, Like windwalk. Superjump is being removed, so why try to implement something similar to it.
Would Wind Walk be more acceptable if it were nerfed (say, lasts for 5 seconds instead of 10) or is vertical mobility in general considered over powered?

Ultanian

Portal
Interesting... I don't really like the skills but I do like how it uses snowballs as a weapon.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
I like the idea but it just seems like an odd class, it doesn't really do anything well except run, maybe.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
No class gets flying... or WindWalk...
If I had to sum up my reaction to this class, it would be my reaction to Lightfoot, the passive skill.

Like LightFoot, this class has excellent theorycrafting.
However: It is difficult to code/balance most of the aspects of the class (ex: being able to walk up one block ledges, or the rate that Snowballs can be thrown), as well as get them to work within our Anti-Cheat mods. Also, the playstyle of SUPER MOBILE is less fun and the server has most recently been heading away from classes that have too much mobility.
Good ideas, and some of the skills (Hustle) could be good additions as a skill to a separate class, but LightFoot as a class would not mesh with other playstyles.

Keep suggesting stuff, this post had great amounts of detail and thought put into it. If you want to have access to things like Intended Class Roles and big-picture Balancing-direction ideas from Upper Staff (ie, what I said about SUPER MOBILE classes being unlikely to be implemented), apply for Balance Team. Disclaimer: Balance Team does not ever implement NEW stuff.
You can put me as a referral (because you took the time to create a Base Attribute set for your class suggestion!) if you like.

Xhazed

Portal
Why not remove anticheat and keep the thing that notifies mods/admins if someone is doing something that would seem illegal and they can check what they do. That might mean more mods would be needed. :)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why not remove anticheat and keep the thing that notifies mods/admins if someone is doing something that would seem illegal and they can check what they do. That might mean more mods would be needed. :)
cuz you would do something.....

Liking the class tbh seems a little op but I meh could be nerfed, Freedom however cant break piggify because piggify disables/silences

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
ya, the way I see it is no-cheat will despise this class like no other... also, I agree with snowball spam is OP, and the kite potential is too much...

the way I first saw this class was a child having a snowball fight with other kids in a populated neighborhood during winter.