• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Negative ratings and ratings in general

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Here's the thing:

The following ratings are positive:
Agree
Funny
Winner
Informative
Friendly
Useful
Creative

And these are neutral:
Dislike
Disagree
Touché
Optimistic
Creepy
Facepalm
Old
Bad spelling
Lovebox

I don't see why the ratings marked in red are neutral and not negative. All of those carry distinctly negative connotations and in one case also a denotation- why are we warping their meaning and the intention of those that give those ratings? Feels to me like we're being pussies right there- I thought "not meshing well with the community" is a thing we are supposed to be wary of?

Another thing- Why are we keeping the lovebox around? It was already superfluous (as much as ratings can be considered useful to begin with) when it was still the Poopbox because it had essentially no meaning.

Also, I don't know if it's possible, but can we have trophies based on certain amounts of ratings given/received? Think maybe "Hairy balls" for 100 old ratings or "Helper Cat" for 100 useful ratings. Might spice up forum life a little.

Therefore I suggest moving Dislike, Disagree, Facepalm and Bad spelling to a "Negative rating" section, removing the Lovebox rating and introducing trophies for ratings (if possible).

EDIT: jesus bob, there is no way you could have read this already.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Disagree should remain Neutral, because you can disagree with someone without feeling negative towards them. Disagree is more like a polite way to say "I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion". Dislike is more of the "I disagree, and your post is stupid".

Old and Lovebox are pretty much useless, could be removed.

And I support more achievements, I got all of them!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think there's a great achievement system - I just havent had the time to handle it, maybe someone from the Design team can take a crack at something in Xenforo

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
Disagree should remain Neutral, because you can disagree with someone without feeling negative towards them. Disagree is more like a polite way to say "I don't agree with you, but I respect your opinion". Dislike is more of the "I disagree, and your post is stupid".
Agreed :D