• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Need Suggestions - Non-Combat Skills

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I would suggest buffs but in 1.9 the potions are basically those. (Faster swing, more damage, health)

Maybe a move that decreases hunger rate or increases the amount food heals?

Sleaker

Retired Staff
I would suggest buffs but in 1.9 the potions are basically those. (Faster swing, more damage, health)

These are all considered combat abilities. I'm talking about things that have nothing to do with combat statistics.

The hunger stuff is a good start though :)

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
How about some passives.

Paladin - Give 5% faster health regen speed to all surrounding allies(This could be both for mining or for combat so sure! :D)

Dragoon - Take 35% less fall damage

Beast Master - Killing any NON hostile mob gives you health regen for 5 seconds... But then again aren't BM's like in love with nature... I don't know.

It is hard to find non combat skills but I CAN DO IT!!! I will add some more I was just thinking off the top of my head. ( All passives will be gained at level one. Hence the name "Passive" it will not require any mana or costs, nor will it have a cooldown )

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Fine be that way, I deleted my long list.. :( I will make a new thread about it then.

*Stomp, Stomp, Slam*

HollowSith

Diamond
Non-Combat skills?

I think something like swimming fast as a boat or rail cart would be a very cool idea, or run on top of water.

or

Perhaps "meditation" or something could recover food 1 every 10 seconds or something. A very helpful skill to have imho

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The gate/door/mechs from falsebook - lets ditch that bitch and make our own system!
(Kidding its probably too hefty to do in a skill)

nmtonj

Soulsand
Looking for Suggestions for non-combat skills - thanks in advance guys.
Beastmasters should be the only ones able to breed animals come 1.9.
A 10 sec fly mode(which is sort of a combat skill) for casters?
Stop Rain costs 100% mana for geomancers?Level 50? 1 diamond?
Make geomancers the terraformers of the map by adding abilities that aide them in terraforming?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Put cursor on block, ladderblocks temporarily appear from the bottom to the top of the surface (top and bottom defined as where other blocks block where a ladder block can go (like the ground, or lip of a wall) (i'd like to see this possible inside regions you aren't a member/owner of)

3 wide bridge of ice blocks between two points (straight line) within a range you think is fair, and disappears after like a minute or two.

Temp change the ground around where your cursor is when you cast to soul sand

nmtonj

Soulsand
Put cursor on block, ladderblocks temporarily appear from the bottom to the top of the surface (top and bottom defined as where other blocks block where a ladder block can go (like the ground, or lip of a wall) (i'd like to see this possible inside regions you aren't a member/owner of)

3 wide bridge of ice blocks between two points (straight line) within a range you think is fair, and disappears after like a minute or two.

That's pretty nifty!

@ sleaker
None of the crafter specs seem to be involved with husbandry, and the description of the beastmaster seems to fit this.

RumpTroll

Legacy Supporter 1
Maybe this is a bit to specific but a "remote controll" for engineers? Lets you send a puls/turn on redstone from distance. Could be within maybe 50 blocks or from anywhere on the map. Could be handy in many different ways.

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe this is a bit to specific but a "remote controll" for engineers? Lets you send a puls/turn on redstone from distance. Could be within maybe 50 blocks or from anywhere on the map. Could be handy in many different ways.
There's a method for that with the wireless redstone integrated circuit. The unfortunate thing is that wireless redstone is broken by something else in the server and has been for some time, along with all of the self-triggered ICs.
@Sleaker because I want to know if you might be able to fix it

Sleaker

Retired Staff

There should be ICs that are able to do this, or a plugin with permissions. It's a bit beyond the scope of a skill I think.

Sleaker

Retired Staff

I was thinking of doing an icebridge type one, the ladder one is a good idea too.