• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

need some advice

Northac

Obsidian
So since all structures must have supports, or at least have something that looks like "magic" to support it.

Airships have balloons
Floating towns have "magic"
So my question is, what would constatute the "magic" in order to qualify? (looking for an block type or somthing to represent it)

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I've also heard if you can come up with some decent lore as to why it is floating that works as well. Best bet is what Mormon said though.

Northac

Obsidian
Hmmmm, that my be an issue since the area I picked is a jungle biome a I wasn't planning on doing a bunch of terra forming.
What about if the underside has glowstone acting as the "magic force" that holds it up?

Northac

Obsidian
on a related note, how do I post pictures? need to show some screen shots for examples (and yes, to show off what I built)

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
You can either upload them to something like imgur.com, and put the resulting Image link in an Image Tag (Click the little tree icon), or upload it to HCO with the "Upload a File" button, which will also give you an option to put it as a thumbnail.

Northac

Obsidian
Underside of something close to the idea i had for my next build. Though the next one will be a bit darker and more "evil" looking to go with me being a necro.
Should I add more glowstone to the underside to it for more "magical support"2012-11-17_20.28.29.png

Northac

Obsidian
while true Jonsoon, I dont think itll be a town. So it would be greifed (as it were) for those blocks, even though it would look cool. That, and i dont have enough of those block to do that.

Would iron blocks look cool? Imagin it being nertherbrick instead of sanstone. I think it would stand out a bit more.
Like a ring of iron "holding" the glowstone in place