• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Need help with GUI noobiness...

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
I am going to make differnet HUDs/GUIs for the different heroes classes, but with my custom crosshair (in pics) the hearts turn gay:

they have the black background, but the crosshair doesn't, and if i try to make it white, the black is replaced with white l;

I know the solution is probably something REALLY simple, but I dont know it, please help! also, im using MS Paint.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
First of all, use something that can edit transparent pictures. PNG's. Photobucket can do that, but I know there's an alternative to Photobucket. If you download torrents, PM me; I can hook you up.

Rofii

Legacy Supporter 7
MattMellander said:
also, im using MS Paint.

I lol'd when I read that :D

I recommend Adobe Fireworks for texture pack editing. Photoshop is more geared towards editing actual photographs whereas Fireworks is made for creating logos and graphics from scratch.

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
MattMellander said:
also, im using MS Paint.

LOL-Bee.jpg

Luke Strife

Legacy Supporter 3
You can also use RPG Maker for transparencies if you're a total baller like me. :p

Nothing wrong with MS Paint, personally I'd have thought it be ideal for something with such a low resolution as Minecraft, it's just the transparency that would be the issue.

MattMellander

Legacy Supporter 3
lol circular swastika, na im just messing around with cross hairs, i might do a fallout one > <