• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

need help, can't play the game

okay, i had this problem before but it got temporarily fixed with a charfile delete. I spawn in the same place every time i log into the server even if I move away from that point, i can use doors and door type blocks but nothing else, i can't use skills, commands or chat at all (it's not lag or a broken client, i can play other servers normally and other players on hc can use chat and skills fine). When i log in I get a message saying i lost healer and crafter xp along with [tombstone] inventory empty. I just got whitelisted and would like to be able to play for more than a few minutes before bugging out again so any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
okay, i had this problem before but it got temporarily fixed with a charfile delete. I spawn in the same place every time i log into the server even if I move away from that point, i can use doors and door type blocks but nothing else, i can't use skills, commands or chat at all (it's not lag or a broken client, i can play other servers normally and other players on hc can use chat and skills fine). When i log in I get a message saying i lost healer and crafter xp along with [tombstone] inventory empty. I just got whitelisted and would like to be able to play for more than a few minutes before bugging out again so any help anyone can give would be appreciated.

Danda - Stop breaking his character file =P

LightningCape

Holy Shit!

Are you using the heromod? If not you may want to re-install 1.5.2 if you aren't using the 1.6 launcher. Is it possible it's lag?

edit-
this may be another issue entirely

i'm using the 1.5.2 hexxit launcher, no heromod (can't find a download for the modpack and really cba looking for and installing a stack of individual mods to make up the pack) I doubt it's anything to do with my .jar seeing as other servers all function perfectly and i'm on a standard .jar and I think i already pointed out that lag has been ruled out

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
i'm using the 1.5.2 hexxit launcher, no heromod (can't find a download for the modpack and really cba looking for and installing a stack of individual mods to make up the pack) I doubt it's anything to do with my .jar seeing as other servers all function perfectly and i'm on a standard .jar and I think i already pointed out that lag has been ruled out

Do you get the same results with vanilla mc?

I can connect fine to every other server and modpack I play, including vanilla, tekkit, tekkit classic, hexxit, voltz, and a friends custom modpack server hosted on a 5 year old box and home internet connection. I've tried everything including re-installing all minecraft related thingamabobs, various versions of java, tried on 5 operating systems (win xp, win 7, fedora 18, 19, and ubuntu), and several different launch scripts to see if any of my vm optimizations have any effect. still the same result

only thing I can think of is a server side problem, this happened on another server to a lot of people after walking through corrupted chunks, but it was usually their fault for walking in before it was loaded which hasn't happened here, at least for me everything loaded fine up until the bug killed my ability to play the game[DOUBLEPOST=1374626451][/DOUBLEPOST]could someone just delete my charfile so that I can at least try to play the game?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
only thing I can think of is a server side problem, this happened on another server to a lot of people after walking through corrupted chunks, but it was usually their fault for walking in before it was loaded which hasn't happened here, at least for me everything loaded fine up until the bug killed my ability to play the game[DOUBLEPOST=1374626451][/DOUBLEPOST]could someone just delete my charfile so that I can at least try to play the game?

I've deleted your .that file - use hc.to/client