• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necros need less mana cost and pointless skills

me19584

Glowing Redstone
I have just started playing as a Necromancer, and have realized that you run out of mana faster than any other class, yet do less damage. There is a "solution" offered at level 10, the skill dark ritual: sacrifices 100 health for 15 mana. This is no comparison to the wizard's replenish: which restores all mana and doesn't sacrifice h.p. I believe this is a problem that needs to be fixed in the next revamp.

Thanks,
Me19584

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
Second this.
Necros, allthough strong at high lvl have quite a few useless skills that make the class dull to play :
DarkRitual (ratio is not worth it), Battery (idk who uses this), Despair (Blind doesn't realy work more like 30% silence).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I have just started playing as a Necromancer, and have realized that you run out of mana faster than any other class, yet do less damage. There is a "solution" offered at level 10, the skill dark ritual: sacrifices 100 health for 15 mana. This is no comparison to the wizard's replenish: which restores all mana and doesn't sacrifice h.p. I believe this is a problem that needs to be fixed in the next revamp.

Thanks,
Me19584
You aren't considering the cooldowns between the two.

Please think before posting ;)

me19584

Glowing Redstone
You aren't considering the cooldowns between the two.

Please think before posting ;)

I am considering the fact that one can be used to get out of a jam and gives you all your mana back, and the other can kill you in a jam and give you less mana than that of which it takes to cast any skill of Necro I have gotten so far. Another solution would be to lower the cost of mana for spells a little bit.

Thanks again for considering this suggestion,
Me19584

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
They are two completely different skills, serving two different purposes.
In the time you can use Replenish ONCE, you can cast Dark Ritual 10-20 times, if not more. Should the health-cost be reduced? maybe.

I wouldn't call it worthless and in doing so, you're stating that you don't understand the mechanics of necro well enough to use it and it's skill-line to its full power.

Other necros can chime in to confirm or deny this.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
They are two completely different skills, serving two different purposes.
In the time you can use Replenish ONCE, you can cast Dark Ritual 10-20 times, if not more. Should the health-cost be reduced? maybe.

I wouldn't call it worthless and in doing so, you're stating that you don't understand the mechanics of necro well enough to use it and it's skill-line to its full power.

Other necros can chime in to confirm or deny this.

This is not the skill I was focusing on calling worthless. Battery is my example of that. I have talked to MariusAbyssal about the skill battery and have realized that it has no purpose in the layout of necromancer. It seems more like a healer skill to me. I understand that you and the Herocraft staff have worked hard on necromancer and all classes and appreciate it, but I hope you can make this class more effective. If there is something I truly am missing here, please explain it.

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Necromancer is a very powerful focusing class. Low mana costs would mean that they could just target and kill all squishies in a fight within seconds, add to that the crazy range to certain attacks and the fact that you can own in a 1v1 with no skill required, Necromancer is a class that doesn't need anything as of right now.

As an ex-necro I can say that no DarkRitual is a bad skill, infact it is one of the best.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
Necromancer is a very powerful focusing class. Low mana costs would mean that they could just target and kill all squishies in a fight within seconds, add to that the crazy range to certain attacks and the fact that you can own in a 1v1 with no skill required, Necromancer is a class that doesn't need anything as of right now.

As an ex-necro I can say that no DarkRitual is a bad skill, infact it is one of the best.

I wasn't looking at it this way, I will try a little longer with necro and hope things get better with me. Thanks!

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
I will say this, leveling necro was to me the hardest class to level, master it, then try it out in fights and learn the faceroll.