• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancers T2 Skill

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
So, necromancers T2 skill is another lifesteal, which is the same skill dreadknight has, I was thinking something of a AuraOfUndeath, which can be a skill that shrouds the caster in death (aka becomedeath) and summons baby zombies who are rooted in place that take 2.5 seconds to grow up into full zombies. These zombies would not attack the necromancer because the necro is shrouded in death. I think this is a good idea because necro already has a life steal, and it doesn't need to share a skill with dreadknight. It is necromancer, so it should be able to summon undead. Thanks : P

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Take away harmshield from t1, make it t2 ult
Harmshield is VERY overpowered on necro considering it is already VERY tanky with drainsoul, the skill is uneeded.
Hellgate could become the new lvl 60 skill :p

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Harmshield is VERY overpowered on necro considering it is already VERY tanky with drainsoul, the skill is uneeded.
But...but...us necros want new skills, not skills that I never have to use anyways.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I mean
But...but...us necros want new skills, not skills that I never have to use anyways.
harmshield is great, but I really haven't used it much. Haven't had a huge reason to, most of the time I can kite away and soul leech and DRAINSOUL for sustain, without needing to harmshield.

Fecalwizard

Stone

@Trazil I disagree with this statement because it is a very slow approach. Unless timed well, using harmshield after drainsoul can make you have lower health before drainsoul was cast. The person isn't just sitting there when these spells are being casted, they're most likely at close range hitting the player. Although you can argue that macroes quicken the pace, the necro must be able to hit the player while at the same time, timing their abilities. The necro class has similar abilities to an mmo I play and literally nobody uses necro to pvp on that game because it can't outpace fast/crit hitting oponents. At the finest, the skill is used for bossing. Not to mention that both these skills have cooldowns.

@Trazil P.S. Are you suggesting the suggested skill replace harmshield? And then highering hellgate? Harmshield is unlocked at level 10-15ish while hellgate is locked at level 50ish.. I'm not sure how that would make any sense at all. Please clarify

As for OP I think the idea sounds really cool, I don't actually know what the T2 lifesteal skill does but I do agree that having two similar skills for a class doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I mean

harmshield is great, but I really haven't used it much. Haven't had a huge reason to, most of the time I can kite away and soul leech and DRAINSOUL for sustain, without needing to harmshield.
that's the point, the ult shouldn't need to be used. Both t1 and t2 would still be very viable with this change, however another lifesteal ontop of how tanky it is already is not balanced in the slightest.
I disagree with this statement because it is a very slow approach. Unless timed well, using harmshield after drainsoul can make you have lower health before drainsoul was cast. The person isn't just sitting there when these spells are being casted, they're most likely at close range hitting the player. Although you can argue that macroes quicken the pace, the necro must be able to hit the player while at the same time, timing their abilities. The necro class has similar abilities to an mmo I play and literally nobody uses necro to pvp on that game because it can't outpace fast/crit hitting oponents. At the finest, the skill is used for bossing. Not to mention that both these skills have cooldowns.

P.S. Are you suggesting the suggested skill replace harmshield? And then highering hellgate? Harmshield is unlocked at level 30 while hellgate is locked at level 50ish.. I'm not sure how that would make any sense at all. Please clarify
Sorry to say but you are VERY new to the server, Necro is a straight forward class, you put your dots on, bonespear, run around, bonespear and drainsoul. It is a well used class, and the warmups are extremely short on plague and drainsoul (the main two I use).

I suggest Harmshield as the t2 ult because it is plain and simple an overpowered skill with necro's kit, necro doesn't need any more skills such as soulleech to be considered good, and moving hellgate to max t1 won't impact lvling the class at all.

Fecalwizard

Stone
and moving hellgate to max t1 won't impact lvling the class at all.

Very well? But what do you suggest happen to the current 60 skill then? You can't just randomly add and delete skills without affecting the current skills for that class. You'd be switching up the orders for the skills and the levels at which they're unlocked

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
All I know is that there have been problems when classes have been able to have minions. They have been used to kill people in pvp disabled areas before.

Regardless necromancer already has a very specific feel to them. If they were to use minions the class should get a rework imo rather then just get one minion skill thrown onto it.