• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Necromancers getting a monster spawning ability?

Alphesie

Legacy Supporter 6
I have heard a few times that necromancers are getting an ability that spawns skeletons, is this true? I think it would be a great idea considering that's what a necromancer is.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I think the skill was briefly in way back when Necro was originally introduced (correct me if im wrong). To get this skill in requires a little coding work as far as I know. Would make for an interesting skill. Getting the code right could also mean the return of Beast Master and his wolf buddies.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I think the real challenge with this kind of skill is the AI. I'm not certain, but I think that was the determined problem.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the real challenge with this kind of skill is the AI. I'm not certain, but I think that was the determined problem.
That's the main problem. I talked to Delf a while back and the main problems that concerned him with summoning skills are:

• Preventing them from attacking allies
  • Preventing them from attacking in non-pvp zones
  • A way to control the mob and choose who it attacks.
In theory, summons could be added now, but would have a slew of problems and wouldn't work like Kainzo/Delf wants them to.

Don't quote me on it, but I believe Delf is planning on making a "pet system" where classes can summon a battle companion. (Lots of AI work, so it would take a while)

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I remember there was a mob rider plugin where you could ride a mob and control it with commands, going even as far as telling it to attack a player and it would actually go attack. It was pretty cool and much fun was had with that plugin lol.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I have heard a few times that necromancers are getting an ability that spawns skeletons, is this true? I think it would be a great idea considering that's what a necromancer is.
Necromancers could spawn allied skeletons in the map of Zeal, 2 years ago. However the skeletons were not of any use except for consuming it for mana (Back then Necros could consume undead mobs for mana). As mentioned earlier, the problem was that the skeletons will attack anyone except for the necro, even if they are in the same party as the necro.

This would make the game very interesting. But it'd also make music disc prices drop because all you need to do is have your minion shoot a creeper.