• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancers and mob summons.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe you're right about PvE, PvP and interesting skills combos. I've never fought players as a Necro. I hope there will be more players after the reset so I'll be able to test it again.
But I don't really understand why DoT's are better than instant-dmg skills.
And I don't understand how Plague currently works. I tested it on hordes of mobs (Chickens etc...) and it didn't seem to spread. Or maybe only the first target can infect other mobs ? I can't test it because actual hordes of mobs are rare, and players keep hiding :/
Summons could be added to a new caster class, I think...
Decay and Plague have great mana cost to damage, it provides the best bang for you buck, and against extremely tanky classes it allows you to weaken them slowly but efficiently. Another thing that makes them preferable is that you can place a dot, turn and run. The dots can't "miss" and once they're on you can turn and flee. With fireball, or other skills, you leave yourself open for a long time because you have to deliberately aim the fireball, hit the target, and continue running. Decay and Plague require less skills to use comparatively, and have the most efficient outcomes. If you're really good at necromancer you can kill most people with just decay and plague due to the constant damage making it hard for them to sprint, and it puts a lot of pressure on them to kill you ASAP.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Have you changed your mind ?
Currently, PvP is very, very rare on the server.

Harmshield would be a good skill on a real MMORPG with powerful bosses and burst skills, but actually Herocraft bosses are just kinda health pools. If bosses were less bulky and dealt more burst dmg, you could block their skills with Harmshield.

Bonespear is good, but it isn't 'incredibely strong'. It's a Line-AOE skill, but regular AOEs as Megabolt, Pulse and PlagueSheep deal much more damage.

Drainsoul is helpful as a damage skill, but it doesn't heal enough health because Necro isn't a tank and you need health to use your skills.

DoTs are useful against self-healing foes, but else they are less useful than pure damage skills as Bolt or ArcaneBlast, which can kill enemies faster.

How ? Necro has the worst armor in the game, it has no mobility skills to escape and most players play as a DPS.

By the way, how is damage calculated on Herocraft ? It seems you can deal x4 damage on mobs but I don't understand why.
First off you do not need health to cast any of your skills except dark ritual. Drainsoul gives an amazing amount of health for the cost, range and warm-up. Also, if you do not think Bonespear is an incredibly strong skill I really can't help you...