• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromancer : Decay damage

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The necro has one terrific spell for pve : bonespear. Okay not everybody likes it because it bursts eardrums and blinds people. But awesome anyway.
Later, he has plague. Waaayyyy later. Nice for groups of mobs (but low damage, compensated for aoe)
But decay .. if you don't see why decay is a crap spell for pve, i don't know what to say.. except mobs don't feel "pressure".
In terms of exp in party, it's the same here. What's the use of a 14 seconds long dot for a total of 120-130 damage ?
If at least its cooldown weren't that long, it would be useful but i feel i'm more participating with i'm using melee with a hoe.
Remember, you don;t fight using ONLY decay. The point is its more damage being done, on top of being able to continue to use skills or melee.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why do you call this dot amazing ?
Even with 50 int (meaning high lvl), you do more damage in melee per second and per hit at lvl 30 ..
Ever fought a skeleton that has 1600 hp ?
And also .. Jupiter .. seeing how much you whine on the chat ingame, i guess every class that isn't yours is op.
brb camping you...
Lets not resolve to making personally insults k?
Necro Melee = getting in close when your squishy
Decay = Decay and run and keep it up whole fight that's 200+ damage if a fight lasts 28 seconds and that's with like 10 int right?
I don't think every class is overpowerd I think Dragoon Dreadknight (maybe a slight buff to dreadknight) are fine I think berserker could use a little tweaking but is otherwise fine I think Ninja can be played very cheap but is fine I think Ranger can be played very cheap and only needs a slight damage reducation I think beguiler is in an ok spot I think Necro needs a nerf to kiting ability I think Pyro is pretty good but high burst I think wizard is fine, I think Druid Needs a kiting nerf I think Disciple needs well, tbh Idk what to do with that class its just strong overall, I think Bloodmage is in a good spot due to the fact its high damage but if you get close to one you can hardcore fuck them up, and a slight armor nerf on cleric... I hardly think every class is overpowerd but I think some could be changed to be more on par with other classes.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The necro has one terrific spell for pve : bonespear. Okay not everybody likes it because it bursts eardrums and blinds people. But awesome anyway.
Later, he has plague. Waaayyyy later. Nice for groups of mobs (but low damage, compensated for aoe)
But decay .. if you don't see why decay is a crap spell for pve, i don't know what to say.. except mobs don't feel "pressure".
In terms of exp in party, it's the same here. What's the use of a 14 seconds long dot for a total of 120-130 damage ?
If at least its cooldown weren't that long, it would be useful but i feel i'm more participating with i'm using melee with a hoe.

Well the playstyle of necro would be to apply the dot to your target while throwing in a bonespear whenever possible, once you unlock other damage over time skills you will deal more damage BUT (this is a big but) you must focus on 1 target at a time with necro. There is no point in applying all your dots on different targets. Also, regarding your suggestion on reducing the cool down. That wouldn't be possible, classes/ skills (excluding a odd few) are mainly based on PVP (like it or not, that's how it is). Changing the cool down without changing anything else could tip the balance too much.

Honestly if you're not happy with necro I suggest trying a different class that suits your playstyle a lot more.