• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necromacers and mana

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Yes, this is a 'buff that class thread'. But not damage, utility or defence vise - necro needs could possibly need a mana buff.

Problem
As of now you can't kill any warrior class without going oom, even pre-decay/plague DoT time nerf(you now use more mana to do the same damage as the DoTs last shorter than before) you'd be at 20-10 mana after killing someone or much less depending on different factors(mastered classes). Now you almost always go oom before killing someone, which leaves you to do one thing - kite even more while waiting for mana.

You will f.eks. never kill a dragoon due to his tankyness and ability to cancel your kiting versus your mana pool. You will never kill a class with heals(cleric, paladin, disciple, druid). If someone got a health pot you're screwed, even if you got one aswell.
Oh did I mention that I was 1v1'ing a paladin pre-'mana' in obl's arena? After 5 min of oom kiting he finally got me, with two hearts left. going from 100% to 0% mana got him to about 20% health, and then comes the heals and layhands.

Actually, most classes leaves you oom now before you can finish them. Which leaves you with one option, oom kite while waiting for mana.

Possible solution
Some mana regen skill wouldn't fit, my idea was to give necro's mana pool a huge buff. Double or tripple it.

What amuses me is that necro has 0 mana regain abilities and yet, they have a lesser mana pool than wizard - which has instant refill on mana.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Try Darkritual. It was put in to end our mana problems. Also.. Necro can kill any dragoon as long as they aint popping a health pot.
YES, because giving up 100 hp for 10 mana is worth it. How do you kill a goon when you're oom and unable to kite to regen more mana? You can't kill him before using all 100% of your mana.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Darkritual gives you 10 mana, you can then drainsoul, returning 80 of the lost 100 hp

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Darkritual gives you 10 mana, you can then drainsoul, returning 80 of the lost 100 hp
Drainsoul costs 15 mana. Removing 12% of my total hp for 10 seconds of mana seems like a loss if I have to wait 5 more seconds before regaining 8% of my hp back.
When running around with 2-3 hearts left giving away 100 hp would be the last thing I would do.

A

Aburido_burrito

Double or triple the mana pool? No.
Give a possible consume skill to necro would be my idea to help the mana problems, maybe consume rottenflesh?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Maybe if darkritual worked on mobs and not just your summoned skeleton with that one broken skill.

In a party my partymembers kill my skeleton out of confusion. Since it's attacking them in all.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Bone feast - 1/2 stack of bones, one use per-fight cooldown. restores 50 mana over 10 seconds?
edit: never fought a necro.

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Kain, it's pretty bad, 100 hp for 10 mana, maybe like 50 hp for 10 mana would be good imo

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe just higher damage, I mean currently it's only use (poison) is to tag people for combat that are far away, since it has a far range. It does like 70 damage over 10 seconds

A

Aburido_burrito

Bone feast - 1/2 stack of bones, one use per-fight cooldown. restores 50 mana over 10 seconds?
edit: never fought a necro.
I think that would be a good skill, but imma lazy newb and wouldn't ever have enough bones to do that :c

Perlmutter

Legacy Supporter 7
Ooh .8 pre conversion, big difference =\

I'm still debating if poison is worth casting at all, it's mana requirement is, if I'm not mistaken, 15 mana for 78 damage, and that damage is over 10 seconds. I think it needs lower mana, or higher damage, if it's range needs to be hit so it's damage can go up, I'm all for if.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Ooh .8 pre conversion, big difference =\

I'm still debating if poison is worth casting at all, it's mana requirement is, if I'm not mistaken, 15 mana for 78 damage, and that damage is over 10 seconds. I think it needs lower mana, or higher damage, if it's range needs to be hit so it's damage can go up, I'm all for if.
Using poison would be a waste of mana, and oh, poison already got a buff.. It was 5(50~)dmg over 10 seconds before.