• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necro Rework

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I've been playing Necromancer lately, and I've thought of something...

Necro is a bit like a caster version of Dreadknight at this point (I know that's not 100% accurate but they have some similar abilities). In terms of offensive capabilities it requires a lot of points in CON, INT, and WIS to really function effectively, meaning that regular melee attacks remain weak. Sure, Bonespear is a decent offensive skill, but that's kind of where it stops. Plague and Decay together can deal a large amount of damage on a single target, but they lack knockback and cost lots of mana to keep up. These skills consume enough mana to make using Dark Ritual necessary if you're going to use a lot of skills and keep up the damage (hence the high CON, otherwise you'll kill yourself).

I suggest letting Necromancer live up to its namesake. Add in a few summoning skills - aren't Necromancers supposed to raise the dead? Even the Wiki says that "they can summon the undead to do their bidding." But only Dreadknight can summon anything undead, and that's just a horse.

Suggestion:
Level 15 - Summon Zombie
Level 35 - Summon Skeleton
Level 55 - Summon Armoured Zombie

Something like that. The health and damage of the mobs would scale with your own INT, and the duration of their summon would scale with your WIS, but as a downside, they'd take a lot of mana to summon, and you can only have one at a time (of any of the summons). In addition, Necro would have to be rebalanced to make it riskier to play, or at least fair. I know it has other skills that come at those levels, but it could be reworked; other classes have strange skill level intervals.

Just a suggestion. Or you could create a Summoner class, although I don't feel like that would go over well.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Summoning skills for the Necromancer have been suggested before. I thought they cannot be implemented because the AI of monsters is supposed to go against the player, and this is based on the vanilla client, not a plugin. I doubt that there is a way around it and even if there was, there is no Coder who could do that for us I suppose.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I've been playing Necromancer lately, and I've thought of something...

Necro is a bit like a caster version of Dreadknight at this point (I know that's not 100% accurate but they have some similar abilities). In terms of offensive capabilities it requires a lot of points in CON, INT, and WIS to really function effectively, meaning that regular melee attacks remain weak. Sure, Bonespear is a decent offensive skill, but that's kind of where it stops. Plague and Decay together can deal a large amount of damage on a single target, but they lack knockback and cost lots of mana to keep up. These skills consume enough mana to make using Dark Ritual necessary if you're going to use a lot of skills and keep up the damage (hence the high CON, otherwise you'll kill yourself).

I suggest letting Necromancer live up to its namesake. Add in a few summoning skills - aren't Necromancers supposed to raise the dead? Even the Wiki says that "they can summon the undead to do their bidding." But only Dreadknight can summon anything undead, and that's just a horse.

Suggestion:
Level 15 - Summon Zombie
Level 35 - Summon Skeleton
Level 55 - Summon Armoured Zombie

Something like that. The health and damage of the mobs would scale with your own INT, and the duration of their summon would scale with your WIS, but as a downside, they'd take a lot of mana to summon, and you can only have one at a time (of any of the summons). In addition, Necro would have to be rebalanced to make it riskier to play, or at least fair. I know it has other skills that come at those levels, but it could be reworked; other classes have strange skill level intervals.

Just a suggestion. Or you could create a Summoner class, although I don't feel like that would go over well.
I can see you don't know how to play necro at all.
Bonespear isn't just decent its one of the best skills there is. you don't need high wis just high int really, darkritual then heal it back up with 1 drainsoul. plague and decay are amzing, and plague is an aoe. they don't cost much mana to keep up either.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
I can see you don't know how to play necro at all.
Bonespear isn't just decent its one of the best skills there is. you don't need high wis just high int really, darkritual then heal it back up with 1 drainsoul. plague and decay are amzing, and plague is an aoe. they don't cost much mana to keep up either.

Shoot, you're right. Plague is an AOE. Bonespear is pretty good (I'm saying high WIS for mana regen).

I've only been playing it for a day :p I was Disciple before, I just thought that maybe they should let necro live up to its name.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Shoot, you're right. Plague is an AOE. Bonespear is pretty good (I'm saying high WIS for mana regen).

I've only been playing it for a day :p I was Disciple before, I just thought that maybe they should let necro live up to its name.

I think that's as far as they can go at the moment. There were plans for an increase of the lvl cap to 70, but I doubt that summoning skills would be added to the tree.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

a 20 block aoe that does over 100 dmg is only pretty good? then what is your idea of amazing? the high wis isn't needed at all for mana regen I heal my dark ritual back with 1 drainsoul and still have lots of mana left over from it. summoning skills should never be added to necro, but skills like harmshield and web should be removed from it.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
A revive skill would be nice

I think Druid has a revive skill, Necro wouldn't be useful for that.

a 20 block aoe that does over 100 dmg is only pretty good? then what is your idea of amazing? the high wis isn't needed at all for mana regen I heal my dark ritual back with 1 drainsoul and still have lots of mana left over from it. summoning skills should never be added to necro, but skills like harmshield and web should be removed from it.

I never use terms like "amazing," "pretty good" is as far as I go. Superlatives are not my specialty.

As for Web and Harmshield, what's wrong with them?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3

I never use terms like "amazing," "pretty good" is as far as I go. Superlatives are not my specialty.

Yes druid, paladin, cleric and bloodmage have a revive. It should have one, just because a class has it doesnt mean another can have it.

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Yes druid, paladin, cleric and bloodmage have a revive. It should have one, just because a class has it doesnt mean another can have it.

I just don't think it fits with the theme is all. Not that it's up to me, this is just an opinion thread, as are all suggestions. Unless the person was revived with the Undead state from the Become Death skill, that would fit.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Web allows the class to kite too much and had shield is simply too overpowered on necro and doesn't fit the class. You just talked about rising the dead but now when jrr brings up a revive you say it won't fit necro? So confusing

Dewyn

Retired Staff
Web allows the class to kite too much and had shield is simply too overpowered on necro and doesn't fit the class. You just talked about rising the dead but now when jrr brings up a revive you say it won't fit necro? So confusing

Cause I'm thinking revive = life :p

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I just don't think it fits with the theme is all. Not that it's up to me, this is just an opinion thread, as are all suggestions. Unless the person was revived with the Undead state from the Become Death skill, that would fit.
Let me get this strait. You want necro to live up to its name. Necros summon the dead. You team mate dies. You summon him back. But you think that this wouldnt fit?

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Unlife, could be a temp revive that auto killed them after 120 seconds, where they are considered undead for the duration. Replace harmshield with this. Have the cooldown be 5 min and the duration of the revive be 120 seconds.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Said it forever keep saying it, Necro currently is stupid, Reduce Bonespears damage and range Take out Hamrshield add a revive (Summon Soul or something)

edit* You joined Thursday, Stop Acting like you actually know stuff XD

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Soul Crystal mayhaps? brings a target back to life after his death within 30 seconds, takes a ton of mana, does nothing if the target doesn't die