• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Necro - remove poison - other stuff

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
what if necros had a cast time on all dots 1 or 2 sec, then an instant damage dealer (drain soul) that scaled off how many dots are on the enemy?

MajDeath

Portal
what if necros had a cast time on all dots 1 or 2 sec, then an instant damage dealer (drain soul) that scaled off how many dots are on the enemy?
that would change nothing unless you are fighting alot of people, dots cant stack if its the same type, or get reset

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
at the start of Dragon .... necro was insanely op azen in bastion its weak...

Use proper grammar because I couldn't understand half of that.

A few of you guys are going by theory. None of you haven't been mastered as a Necro in Bastion, yet you make accusations that it is as weak as shizen. You have Deadmouse7 and Pampita to give you more of an 'understood' opinion of the Necro in Bastion.

I'm currently at a decent level with Necro right now, but what I think is that the class is not weak at all. There are only certain things that need to be fixed but if that is fixed, another problem will unfold.

If it's the drainsoul that definitely needs tweaking, have an opinion from either an unspecced class, an anti-caster class user and a master Necromancer (aka. Deadmouse & Pampita).

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
That would basically make them as shit because they have no reliable slows to slow the target while casting the warm ups.

Mitchodak

Glowstone
So basically the only problem with buffing necromancers that i can see is that necros where nerfed because they rape unspecs what spec doesn't rape unspecs?

If there is one there shouldn't be.Balancing a spec vs unspecs shouldn't be an issue.

The Dps atm should be buffed and I like Kevin's "Simplification" of skills only one larger dot to throw out instead of 2 but that's my opinion.

For the Sake of Balance most caster paths should deal about the Same damage but atm necro seems to be lacking vs the others. I cant tell you how many times I get P.M.ed every day oh wait your a necro why didnt you role Pyro their damage is way higher?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Did I mention that bash + strike deals more dmg than drainsoul + poison? Yeah.. :Brutal:
Bash + Strike are instant damage that have no other abilities tied (other than bash interrupt)

Drainsoul returns a good amount of hp.
Poison is a dot that will do damage over time even if you arent near the target.

Please stop making blanket statements that make no sense. You are effectively comparing apples to oranges.[DOUBLEPOST=1349372188,1349371202][/DOUBLEPOST]Keep the posts civil and do not bash staff positions.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Bash + Strike are instant damage that have no other abilities tied (other than bash interrupt)

Poison is a dot that will do damage over time even if you arent near the target.

Please stop making blanket statements that make no sense. You are effectively comparing apples to oranges.
bash + strike is instant damage, strike has the same range as drainsoul, has half the cooldown. It's just funny how warrior's basic, spammable skills has a much greater dps than a necro's basic skills.

It's not like I can throw off my DoTs and then fly away, every warrior spec has either cc or speedups.

What do I do with 60 extra hp when I don't have the damage to kill the guy whacking me with a sword.

Deadmouse7

Glowstone
Kainzo im sorry but I'm going to be that guy that just has to disagree... why would all of these people use their time to talk about a class that apperently doesn't need a buff just look at drainsoul and fireball does it even make sense. Like I heard last map drainsoul was doing 189 damage and healing more and had a lesser cool down. kainzo have c12 take a look at all the slows warriors can do to us casters (the people that are supposed to counter them bit cant), granted no other class cannot 1v1 a pally but if a dragoon impales me then spears me back I'm done necros either need a skill to be able to blink away or to be able to gain speed or to be able to do more damage necromancers cant do shit if they cant run around and escape really fast. Thats why wizards are sick they have 2 slows and they have blink to get away. Necros have web which has a gay amount of range and is glitchy their only slow that works good is despair but a lot of people have optifine which takes the blind off. Personally I would rather have blink or have despair flip peoples screens over like impale does instead of blinding people....

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Kainzo im sorry but I'm going to be that guy that just has to disagree... why would all of these people use their time to talk about a class that apperently doesn't need a buff just look at drainsoul and fireball does it even make sense. Like I heard last map drainsoul was doing 189 damage and healing more and had a lesser cool down. kainzo have c12 take a look at all the slows warriors can do to us casters (the people that are supposed to counter them bit cant), granted no other class cannot 1v1 a pally but if a dragoon impales me then spears me back I'm done necros either need a skill to be able to blink away or to be able to gain speed or to be able to do more damage necromancers cant do shit if they cant run around and escape really fast. Thats why wizards are sick they have 2 slows and they have blink to get away. Necros have web which has a gay amount of range and is glitchy their only slow that works good is despair but a lot of people have optifine which takes the blind off. Personally I would rather have blink or have despair flip peoples screens over like impale does instead of blinding people....
Please learn basic grammatical skills and structure your post in a way that doesn't make me want to gouge my eyes out.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
bash + strike is instant damage, strike has the same range as drainsoul, has half the cooldown. It's just funny how warrior's basic, spammable skills has a much greater dps than a necro's basic skills.

It's not like I can throw off my DoTs and then fly away, every warrior spec has either cc or speedups.

What do I do with 60 extra hp when I don't have the damage to kill the guy whacking me with a sword.
See - now we're getting somewhere. That's exactly what I want to hear.
Compare X to Y and then throw some Z in there.
I'm not saying the situation you mentioned is "balanced" I'm saying that these two don't highly correlate - if you're speaking raw damage output, sure. One may be better than the other, you must also equate that one has a greater intrinsic value than the other. Life gain at distance and damage over time.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7

Please stop making blanket statements that make no sense. You are effectively comparing apples to oranges.[DOUBLEPOST=1349372188,1349371202][/DOUBLEPOST]Keep the posts civil and do not bash staff positions.

Strike is supposed to bleed.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
No, if you knew the purpose of them doing the same thing but ticking differently you would not be saying this, its supposed to slow targets, give you range to chase them.

Northac

Obsidian
well i have not spec'd yet but i have been seriously considering necro. However some of what i have read here does make it seem like it is more of a challenge in pvp.
i saw that there was a comment from a mastered necro saying that the class is fine but with the rest of the posts arguing the fact i thought id toss an idea in.

The suggestion of making poison worth the spider eye reagent, well would it make it worth it if the skill did some instant damage and a dot? like what a cave spider does? ( if it does then direguard, i dont know the skill)
of course the numbers on the damage would need to be reworked to keep it balanced but it would make it a bit stronger and worth the reagent.

just my two cents on the issue