• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion MythicMobs

So in this recent patch we got a load of new content that everyone was looking forward too, but it came with a surprise, new custom mobs. I really like the idea and where this could lead to, like actual Bosses in boss rooms, more difficult mobs in general and just cooler PvE, but theres one issue that i know I have experienced and others too; this crazy lag. When in a dungeon (most noticeably boss rooms during boosts) there is extreme lag and particles everywhere,and when I say lag i truly mean it, like literally unable to move as though I was rooted, or using a skill and then see it activate long after, and I believe that the lag is connected to the immense amount of particles. I suggest you simply turn down the particles drastically. Also if the server is going to continue using Custom Mobs I think that we should add a Mob sub-section to the Balance Sub-forum.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I can back this up with my own statement. I don't think it's the particles, I turned them off completely. They seem to cause this only when they use their "special" move, which after they use it causes me to lag so hard that I am behind the server by 6 minutes (timed in at 6:32 in minutes before the lag resolved itself.)

At this point, these mobs make Pve nearly impossible, and extremely boring for me because of the sheer lag that they cause. Not to mention all the stuff I have lost from dying cause of lag.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So in this recent patch we got a load of new content that everyone was looking forward too, but it came with a surprise, new custom mobs. I really like the idea and where this could lead to, like actual Bosses in boss rooms, more difficult mobs in general and just cooler PvE, but theres one issue that i know I have experienced and others too; this crazy lag. When in a dungeon (most noticeably boss rooms during boosts) there is extreme lag and particles everywhere,and when I say lag i truly mean it, like literally unable to move as though I was rooted, or using a skill and then see it activate long after, and I believe that the lag is connected to the immense amount of particles. I suggest you simply turn down the particles drastically. Also if the server is going to continue using Custom Mobs I think that we should add a Mob sub-section to the Balance Sub-forum.
The mobs are balanced and created by the Adventure team.
The lag usually comes from there being 10000000 of them trying to exist at once.
They'll be refined and fixed over time.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Uh, Kainzo and others have said many times over, that the Mythicmobs release was unintentional, and happened when Kainzo updated the program. The Mythicmobs we have are in testing, and should NOT exist in live, unless someone fixed them.

And I have not died once from lag from them ;3 free exp allllll over.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't think you get it. When I fight these mobs, It can happen when fighting more than 2 at the same time. I understand that they're a WIP but right now it makes some of these mobs are a serious issue for me. It makes grinding for levels a lot harder than it should be.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't think you get it. When I fight these mobs, It can happen when fighting more than 2 at the same time. I understand that they're a WIP but right now it makes some of these mobs are a serious issue for me. It makes grinding for levels a lot harder than it should be.
They should NOT be out atm. The only reason they spawn was because of a glitch, and I think they should be removed until they can be fixed. As for lag, get a better toaster. I've fought five to six mythic spiders at once, and barely dropped a frame.

Xelarator1

Obsidian
They should NOT be out atm. The only reason they spawn was because of a glitch, and I think they should be removed until they can be fixed. As for lag, get a better toaster. I've fought five to six mythic spiders at once, and barely dropped a frame.
You can't just pick up a brand spanking new PC whenever you want, these things cost money and some folks might not be able to afford one currently.
Disable/Minimize Particles in the Options menu, it improved my FPS when fighting these mobs.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Internet lag. Not FPS. There is a huge difference. It's not the framerate, it's the actual server lag. I can end up 6 minutes behind the server from fighting a few if these mobs.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You can't just pick up a brand spanking new PC whenever you want, these things cost money and some folks might not be able to afford one currently.

Disable/Minimize Particles in the Options menu, it improved my FPS when fighting these mobs.
Actually you can nowadays. If you can get a part time job you can buy a cheap decent gaming pc. I won't push 400fps but it'll run well. My toaster only is a toaster cause I forgot an antivirus for 4 months and now 75% of my disc space is malware. Which always runs my cpu temp use cause my computer has to dig through quarantined and broken malware files.

So this thread is getting a little off topic. You can't simply say go buy a new computer its very rude and inconsiderate.
Uh, Kainzo and others have said many times over, that the Mythicmobs release was unintentional, and happened when Kainzo updated the program. The Mythicmobs we have are in testing, and should NOT exist in live, unless someone fixed them.
Lightning this statement doesn't address the issue at hand its an excuse, We understand that it was added prematurely but that doesn't change the situation that multiple people are experiencing. And I done multiple things to try to improve this situation client side (Lowering particles, Render Distance, Allocating more RAM, etc) but the issue is its not client side, I'm not dropping frames I'm being rubberbanded to the extreme.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
So this thread is getting a little off topic. You can't simply say go buy a new computer its very rude and inconsiderate.

Lightning this statement doesn't address the issue at hand its an excuse, We understand that it was added prematurely but that doesn't change the situation that multiple people are experiencing. And I done multiple things to try to improve this situation client side (Lowering particles, Render Distance, Allocating more RAM, etc) but the issue is its not client side, I'm not dropping frames I'm being rubberbanded to the extreme.
Again, Bandwidth my friend.
It's just something the server cannot help you with.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
Let me explain it again. These mobs destroy my INTERNET CONNECTION. I don't give a shit what Kainzo said about how they can't do that, because they are. Now I am sick and tired of lagging to the point where my friends see that I have died, but according to my screen, I am still alive. There is a very basic simple way to fix this, it's called removing them. Just remove them so I can actually enjoy combat against mobs for once.

**EDIT**
I apologize for frustration, I just went through literally 12 minutes of behind server lag. I am sick and tired of it.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Let me explain it again. These mobs destroy my INTERNET CONNECTION. I don't give a shit what Kainzo said about how they can't do that, because they are. Now I am sick and tired of lagging to the point where my friends see that I have died, but according to my screen, I am still alive. There is a very basic simple way to fix this, it's called removing them. Just remove them so I can actually enjoy combat against mobs for once.

**EDIT**
I apologize for frustration, I just went through literally 12 minutes of behind server lag. I am sick and tired of it.
Let me explain some things again:
1. These aren't even supposed to be out yet
2. No need to take your frustration out on those trying to help
3. The server LITERALLY CANNOT help with you lagging. These mobs are tested by many people but they are never perfect for everyone.
4. Chill the fuck down. Don't go near the Mythics, they aren't that common unless no one is on, then they kinda are.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
but the issue is its not client side, I'm not dropping frames I'm being rubberbanded to the extreme.
Except that IS client-side. More than likely your bandwidth cannot keep up or your CPU is maxing out. Both can cause rubberbanding or stuttering w/o causing fram drops. On my toaster my CPU will overheat and I'll start jumping around and things take a while to react, on the other hand my old internet would cause the same issue.

Sadly both things require money to fix, and while easier to access, they still are not free. I suggest trying to save (If you're a working man) or trying to get a job (If you can). If you cannot work/get money then sadly there isn't much you can do at this time.

Cowcium

TNT
Let me explain some things again:
1. These aren't even supposed to be out yet
2. No need to take your frustration out on those trying to help
3. The server LITERALLY CANNOT help with you lagging. These mobs are tested by many people but they are never perfect for everyone.
4. Chill the fuck down. Don't go near the Mythics, they aren't that common unless no one is on, then they kinda are.

It seems a resounding point in this whole argument 'Pro-MythicMobs' has entailed the fact that "They're not supposed to be out at the moment". Consequently, in concurrence of what Cruzer and Alchemist have stated, why are they still in the damn game? Instead of stating reasons as to why the old mobs were worse than current mobs, both of you (lightning and Zelkova) have argued to get a better computer.

Let me account for this error. The old mobs:
1. Worked perfectly fine, without lag and didn't cause any dis-immersion from the game.
2. Did NOT provide DOUBLE the xp like the current MythicMobs; meaning that those who CAN kill them without lagging have a distinct advantage over those who cannot as they receive xp for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes (totalling to 30ish xp each kill as opposed to the old 6-10xp). Though many will argue that this will slow down the pace of leveling, wasn't that the point? Tier 2 was supposed to level at 25% xp gains, but now its greater than Tier 1 with MythicMobs.

Just from these two points alone, the old mobs are better than current mobs.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
It seems a resounding point in this whole argument 'Pro-MythicMobs' has entailed the fact that "They're not supposed to be out at the moment". Consequently, in concurrence of what Cruzer and Alchemist have stated, why are they still in the damn game? Instead of stating reasons as to why the old mobs were worse than current mobs, both of you (lightning and Zelkova) have argued to get a better computer.

Let me account for this error. The old mobs:
1. Worked perfectly fine, without lag and didn't cause any dis-immersion from the game.
2. Did NOT provide DOUBLE the xp like the current MythicMobs; meaning that those who CAN kill them without lagging have a distinct advantage over those who cannot as they receive xp for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes (totalling to 30ish xp each kill as opposed to the old 6-10xp). Though many will argue that this will slow down the pace of leveling, wasn't that the point? Tier 2 was supposed to level at 25% xp gains, but now its greater than Tier 1 with MythicMobs.

Just from these two points alone, the old mobs are better than current mobs.
The old mobs were also OP as fuck, those bleeds would take me (A max pally) down to 2 hearts in one go. Not to mention sometimes their heal would spam and they would get all their hp back.

Yes the new ones aren't supposed to be here, but they are and it's a decent trial run for them. They aren't perfect and no one is going to be.

As to "Instead of stating reasons as to why the old mobs were worse than current mobs, both of you (lightning and Zelkova) have argued to get a better computer." there isn't much else to suggest. The OP complained about Lag & Rubberbanding, the only way to help those (When they are client side such as his are) is to either improve your computer or your internet.

The old mobs were a lot more boring (With the exception of the Undead hero, but his bleed was op), and had a lot less going for them.