• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mystic

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
I think we've all seen the recent suggestions and are aware of mystic's current state. Something needs to be done or I feel the players will rip the balance team apart. (Many of them have been telling us to hurry :p)

Here is my suggestion:

Rework the skill line-up something similar to the following: (Only a suggestion and can/will be edited!)

Smite, bandage, antidote - level 1

Rejuvenate - level 10

Forage - level 15

Port - level 20

Healingbloom - level 25

Replenish - level 30

Chant - level 35

Gills - level 38

Root - level 40

Revive - level 45

Invigorate - level 50

Mystery skill - level 55

Camouflage - level 59

Bolt - level 60

The mystery skill has been debated on these two threads along with more:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-buffs.34590/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/mystics-are-underpowered.34880/
And bring back batfury whenever possible! :) It was such a unique and creative skill.

macura

Diamond
I think we've all seen the recent suggestions and are aware of mystic's current state. Something needs to be done or I feel the players will rip the balance team apart. (Many of them have been telling us to hurry :p)

Here is my suggestion:

Rework the skill line-up something similar to the following: (Only a suggestion and can/will be edited!)

Smite, bandage, antidote - level 1

Rejuvenate - level 10

Forage - level 15

Port - level 20

Healingbloom - level 25

Replenish - level 30

Chant - level 35

Gills - level 38

Root - level 40

Revive - level 45

Invigorate - level 50

Mystery skill - level 55

Camouflage - level 59

Bolt - level 60

The mystery skill has been debated on these two threads along with more:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-buffs.34590/
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/mystics-are-underpowered.34880/
And bring back batfury whenever possible! :) It was such a unique and creative skill.
The only problem is see now with mystic is invigorate, because even with party frames it is impossible to tell who needs stamina. I think that making invigorate restore a lesser amount of stamina (maybe 10 istead of 20)of all party members within a certain range would help them be a more valuable asset. If this change were to be made i would highly suggest that the cd on invigorate be raised in order to compensation for its extreme buff.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
The only problem is see now with mystic is invigorate, because even with party frames it is impossible to tell who needs stamina. I think that making invigorate restore a lesser amount of stamina (maybe 10 istead of 20)of all party members within a certain range would help them be a more valuable asset. If this change were to be made i would highly suggest that the cd on invigorate be raised in order to compensation for its extreme buff.
This is a good idea, invigorate is really only useful in a 2v2 or if the mystic has already bound it to a player.

Also: Mystic also may need some mana changes too... some of the skill's mana costs are just... weird. Thoughts? Ex. Bandage costs 5 mana while rejuvenate costs 23 mana. (According to the wiki)

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Since the idea of another HoT skill for mystic hasn't been going well, would anyone be against healingbloom being buffed? I think the problem people are starting to see is that 200 hp over 20 seconds is not enough to heal anyone efficiently because the victim will most likely be taking in much more damage.

I suggest making it 200 hp over 15 seconds OR 250 hp over 20 seconds?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't feel like the class revamp really addressed the core of the problem in Mystic. Sure, the skill renames and reordering was nice, as was the healingbloom buff. However, there is something seriously lacking in the utility. Every group chooses a Cleric over a Mystic if given the opportunity. Maybe if Mystic had a group buff to increase mana regeneration by 25%, or reduce damage by 10%, there would be more considerations to give to it as a useful class.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
In my opinion, either the heal on Soothe needs to be increased, or single target heals (Chloroblast/Chlorobon) need to be brought back. Thoughts?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Can you explain quickly and easily where the short coming is for a non Mystic?

Is it that the healing on the HoTs for self is just to little to maintain or whats up?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Can you explain quickly and easily where the short coming is for a non Mystic?

Is it that the healing on the HoTs for self is just to little to maintain or whats up?
In my recent experience, I was having trouble recovering from instant damage bursts in an efficient manner (now with the accursed warmup on rejuvenate). Soothe can't really compete. What is your take Delfofthebla?

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
In my recent experience, I was having trouble recovering from instant damage bursts in an efficient manner (now with the accursed warmup on rejuvenate). Soothe can't really compete. What is your take Delfofthebla?
My only issue with Mystics lies in the mana costs. I went overboard when I was testing it previously and hit the abilities too hard.

Personally, I'm fine with the Mystic lacking a powerful "burst recovery". With the switch from direct heals to HoT effects, the Mystic is now susceptible to successive bursting, and I'm OK with that. Because if they -do- manage to survive the onslaught, they simply need to take a couple seconds to throw up all of their hots, maybe a soothe or two, and they are ready to go back in.

While they can't "immediately" recover from bursts anymore, the HoT effects can be a "burst shield" of sorts. If you are running in while fulling loaded with HoTs, you won't be -quite- as killable as others may first think.

I've reduced the mana cost on soothe (which I'll post the numbers for in the main revamp thread in a minute) that makes it a more spammable ability as well. Between Entangle and Earthwall, I find that it's very easy to keep players at bay while you cast your HoT warmups, or even Soothe spam if you prefer. I could see us reducing the cooldown of Soothe to 2 seconds, but I'd rather address any issues in other ways if possible.