• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

"Mysterious Minecraft Lag"

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
2862623242.png

Do you know how to do a ping test using CMD?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
open up cmd by going to run and then typing cmd.

then type ping mc.herocraftonline.com

After that hit the Up key on your keyboard and do it again, about 10 times.

Tell me what your time=#ms is for the most part, and let me know if there's ever a time it jumps way too high.

Boogeymen

TNT
open up cmd by going to run and then typing cmd.

then type ping mc.herocraftonline.com

After that hit the Up key on your keyboard and do it again, about 10 times.

Tell me what your time=#ms is for the most part, and let me know if there's ever a time it jumps way too high.

Alright, I got these numbers.

time=104ms
time=132ms
time=115ms
time=102ms
Avg=113ms

4 packets sent, 4 recieved, 0 lost.

As BeasttRecon said, anything around 100 is good right? But I still experience a 1 second delay ping and some block lag at times. I can still feel some lag when playing, it's just not as noticeable.

However, when I do the test server, my results are much better.

time=90ms
time=68ms
time=69ms
time=71ms
Avg=74ms

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Alright, I got these numbers.

time=104ms
time=132ms
time=115ms
time=102ms
Avg=113ms

As BeasttRecon said, anything around 100 is good right? But I still experience a 1 second delay ping and some block lag at times. I can still feel some lag when playing, it's just not as noticeable.

However, when I do the test server, my results are much better.

time=90ms
time=68ms
time=69ms
time=71ms

Your ms is fine. I'm in England and get a consistent 150ms, and I don't experience any lag aside from when the server is lagging (and the server does lag sometimes, don't let anyone tell you otherwise).

I find it strange that your ms does jump around a bit though. Usually it should chance by 3-5 ms, whereas your range is quite different. Keep testing over and over and over again for at least 5 minutes. If you get a huge number out of nowhere, then you're having ISP or router issues.

Boogeymen

TNT
Your ms is fine. I'm in England and get a consistent 150ms, and I don't experience any lag aside from when the server is lagging (and the server does lag sometimes, don't let anyone tell you otherwise).

I find it strange that your ms does jump around a bit though. Usually it should chance by 3-5 ms, whereas your range is quite different. Keep testing over and over and over again for at least 5 minutes. If you get a huge number out of nowhere, then you're having ISP or router issues.

This time I had these numbers, and a decent jump.

time=102ms
time-101ms
time=102ms
time=138ms

36ms jump.

Then on my third test, I got these.

time=197ms
time=196ms
time=101ms
time=111ms

Dropped over 90ms that time.

Also, we have a thing that uses bandwith to give us good cell phone service at our house (cause we live in the middle of nowhere), could that be affecting me?

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I take it you're using wireless?

I can only speak from my experience, but my gaming/herocraft experience was awful until I bought something called a HomePlug.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HomePlug

I'd go from 150ms for around 10 seconds, then it would jump in the 400s, sometimes in the 1000s. If you're using a wireless connection I'd consider buying this. Only cost me 20£

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
err what i mean is i lag when herocraft gets to 40 or less players on.. but everything is smooth when there are 100+ players online..
i doubt its my connection, my internet speed is 8mb/s.. im in aus though

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Sometimes I lag, sometimes I don't. I've also heard it was messy code, so yeah... mostly happens in the Nether.