• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

"Mysterious Minecraft Lag"

Boogeymen

TNT
Hello everybody, I've got a question.

Today I logged onto HC, played for about and hour and everything was going well, I got off to do some things, then came back. When I logged back in I was lagging terribly, with at least a 5 second delay on my /ping, chat message delay, block lag when I break and replace things. I decided to cycle my connection around 3 times, and every time it was only fixing the problem for about a minute, then I'd start to lag again.

The thing is, I thought it might've been just the server at the time, possibly needing a restart but that's not the case. I asked a few people, and nobody else is lagging, it seems I'm the only person lagging on the server. Nobody else is experiencing this so I looked into it...

What I found was that many people have this problem, and it has something to do with Minecraft's code. Apparently, the coders were "messy" when they started to create the game, and it's led to some minor issues, including my problem. Apparently it's called "Mysterious Minecraft Lag", if anyone would care to look it up.

This has never happened to me before, and this has been an ongoing issue for me today, it's been over 10 hours and the issue still hasn't subsided. I also went on my other computer, and still had the same issue, so I have no idea what could be going on.

My question is, does anyone know how to resolve this? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Try restarting your router, turning your wifi on and off and uninstall/reinstall minecraft. Im pretty sure i once had a similar issue to this, and only time fixed it for me :(. Hope that helps.

Sekcbaba

Stone
It is magical indeed and seems to come and go, only effecting some people at a time most of the time. I have no idea how to fix it, it has been much better for me lately but at times it is / has been unplayable.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hello everybody, I've got a question.

Today I logged onto HC, played for about and hour and everything was going well, I got off to do some things, then came back. When I logged back in I was lagging terribly, with at least a 5 second delay on my /ping, chat message delay, block lag when I break and replace things. I decided to cycle my connection around 3 times, and every time it was only fixing the problem for about a minute, then I'd start to lag again.

The thing is, I thought it might've been just the server at the time, possibly needing a restart but that's not the case. I asked a few people, and nobody else is lagging, it seems I'm the only person lagging on the server. Nobody else is experiencing this so I looked into it...

What I found was that many people have this problem, and it has something to do with Minecraft's code. Apparently, the coders were "messy" when they started to create the game, and it's led to some minor issues, including my problem. Apparently it's called "Mysterious Minecraft Lag", if anyone would care to look it up.

This has never happened to me before, and this has been an ongoing issue for me today, it's been over 10 hours and the issue still hasn't subsided. I also went on my other computer, and still had the same issue, so I have no idea what could be going on.

My question is, does anyone know how to resolve this? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks!
Does restarting Minecraft fix the lag? What have you tried to fix it? What ping do you get to Las Vegas, etc.

Boogeymen

TNT
Does restarting Minecraft fix the lag? What have you tried to fix it? What ping do you get to Las Vegas, etc.

Restarting didn't fix it, however today I logged in and everything seems to be going well. I think it may be a one-time thing.

Boogeymen

TNT
It is magical indeed and seems to come and go, only effecting some people at a time most of the time. I have no idea how to fix it, it has been much better for me lately but at times it is / has been unplayable.

Yeah, hopefully this new update fixes this in 1.6.2.

vallad_centrius

Legacy Supporter 2
nope, its not minecraft..i experience lag only in herocraft.. (delay lag)..
its not one-time.. it will happen alot of times.. especially when the server gets to like 40 or less players on..

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
its not one-time.. it will happen alot of times.. especially when the server gets to like 40 or less players on..
This lag is purely your connection. Not the server.

I would upgrade your line, ensure your machine can handle "40+ players" and ping test to Las Vegas.

Our machine has no issues with under 100 players, and even above it does exceedingly well.
We're also on a massive connection supported by 2 L3 providers :)

Try again!

Boogeymen

TNT

I doubt it's the server, it has something to do with Minecrafts code, this happened to me when the server had around 20 players on in the morning, it couldn't be the server.

Sekcbaba

Stone
right, it is definately something with the code because it seems very random and completely non-correlated to the number of people online.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
What's a "good" ping then? I also realized my /ping was delayed by around a second still, so I'm still lagging, just not as bad.

Idk most americans get like 30ms or something under 100ms to HC. Most Aussies get like 250ms+

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Are you losing any packets during the ping test? Are you consistently getting around 178ms every time or will it randomly jump extremely high?

What is your download and upload speed on speedtest.net?

Boogeymen

TNT
Are you losing any packets during the ping test? Are you consistently getting around 178ms every time or will it randomly jump extremely high?

What is your download and upload speed on speedtest.net?

2862623242.png