• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My view on Herocraft

I look at this thread with the freepers thread and I am think to myself how can people be so rude? I havey friends who left because the community was crappy. One the fact that hey guys I am being jumped by a ninja in the middle of the wild was no armor as a disciple. *Gets killed*
Man So and so just died to me.
Convo afterwards
"You killed me your giong to pay"
"Hey scrobb get guud"
"Stfu "

Its like this. It seems taht you act like a bunch of 12 year olds with no life besides HC and have to dog on everyone for losing one pvp match. Stop the douching its a video game. People act like such a holes for no reason at all. You may not know what that other person is going through and you may be the cause of so and so physically harming him or herself. But I understand that the same people that play these games constantly are probably getting bullied at school. Don't be a douche guys all I have to say peace.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While I agree, I don't believe this is just on Herocraft. The internet is full of morons and trash talkers. It spreads on every game I've visited.

Last edited:

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
Welcome to the world of internet gaming. If this is going to be the attitude towards people on the internet, save a basic rant like this so you can copy-paste it on every gaming forum you end up on.

NeonRain

Dirt
The internet generally breeds bad feelings. I've been in some gaming communities that have had an excellent environment. It just depends on the rules, moderation, size, and your own perception. Preferences differ for everyone.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This is also why we have separate worlds for PVE / PVP. We're working on making things seamless so you wont notice much of a difference.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Convo afterwards
"You killed me your giong to pay"
"Hey scrobb get guud"
"Stfu "

Its like this. It seems taht you act like a bunch of 12 year olds with no life besides HC and have to dog on everyone for losing one pvp match. Stop the douching its a video game. People act like such a holes for no reason at all. You may not know what that other person is going through and you may be the cause of so and so physically harming him or herself. But I understand that the same people that play these games constantly are probably getting bullied at school. Don't be a douche guys all I have to say peace.

Honestly I rarely see any of this, and most of the time its through /tell or any other means besides public chat. Plenty of other servers ( Heck even including one I used to run a long time ago ) have this issue and it is a LOT worse. People are CONSTANLY calling each other names and being general "Trolls" and it never stops. But I think Herocraft is a awesome server for screening out some of the "Trolls" and other trouble makers and ensuring all of the players are of decent playing age. It may look bad here, but its 100x worse anywhere else.

:D Go Herocraft!

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
The only way to fix this is to create player interdependence via economic/crafting restrictions. It will still happen but it will happen less, because it will be less rewarding.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
To start wrap LS and basic crafting into a single class, with a drastically reduced recipe list. Players would be able to make wood (maybe stone but I think not) tools. They would be be able to make wood planks but not stairs or chests, no armor or weapons (maybe wood weapons).

The current professions would need to be reworked to include relevant recipes and remove the ability to sell goods at chest shops. Smiths for instance would at mastery or near mastery be able to buy supplies at chest shops but not sell goods. Only merchants could sell goods.

Upon Mastering Lost soul players will choose one of two new primary classes crafter or warrior. Crafter would grant some increased crafting ability, but not much, and no increase in combat ability. Warrior would do the reverse. ( You may want to do a third for magii) These classes would be short, a sort of are you sure this is the path you want trial period.

All current combat specs, and all reworked crafting professions would be considered secondary classes. After speccing LS into one of the primary paths and mastering it players would choose one secondary path, or (profession). Food drops would need to be reduced for most and increased for farmer, along with giving farmers sole proprietorship of bread/food recipe making. Also no iron+ picks for anyone but miners.

Such a system, if managed and implemented properly would force players to rely on others for much of what they need to survive. It would create an economy of necessity, of dependency much like that of the real world.
It is very hard to harass all of your neighbors if you need most of them. However such a system would not stop with this as a control. When people log on with a job to do it gives them a purpose. They would have less time to cause problems. Another control would be risk/cost reward. Currently if I am a mastered warrior and say smith. I can go around killing and looting with very little fear of death. If we removed the (return of weapons/armor on death) as part of a system where you can't mine your own stuff, nor make anything with it, players would have to carefully weigh the potential reward of random combat against the true risk of dying.

Is this very restricted?, Yes.
Would it be popular initially? Probably not.
Would it give players a sense of purpose that kept them logging in after the initial surge of a new map? Very likely so.
Would it to a large degree address the current lack of maturity displayed in player interactions? Absolutely.

Furthermore instituting a system of in game laws, with in game consequences, that reinforced the economic structure would create a system that could truly be called RPG.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
To start wrap LS and basic crafting into a single class, with a drastically reduced recipe list. Players would be able to make wood (maybe stone but I think not) tools. They would be be able to make wood planks but not stairs or chests, no armor or weapons (maybe wood weapons).

The current professions would need to be reworked to include relevant recipes and remove the ability to sell goods at chest shops. Smiths for instance would at mastery or near mastery be able to buy supplies at chest shops but not sell goods. Only merchants could sell goods.

Upon Mastering Lost soul players will choose one of two new primary classes crafter or warrior. Crafter would grant some increased crafting ability, but not much, and no increase in combat ability. Warrior would do the reverse. ( You may want to do a third for magii) These classes would be short, a sort of are you sure this is the path you want trial period.

All current combat specs, and all reworked crafting professions would be considered secondary classes. After speccing LS into one of the primary paths and mastering it players would choose one secondary path, or (profession). Food drops would need to be reduced for most and increased for farmer, along with giving farmers sole proprietorship of bread/food recipe making. Also no iron+ picks for anyone but miners.

Such a system, if managed and implemented properly would force players to rely on others for much of what they need to survive. It would create an economy of necessity, of dependency much like that of the real world.
It is very hard to harass all of your neighbors if you need most of them. However such a system would not stop with this as a control. When people log on with a job to do it gives them a purpose. They would have less time to cause problems. Another control would be risk/cost reward. Currently if I am a mastered warrior and say smith. I can go around killing and looting with very little fear of death. If we removed the (return of weapons/armor on death) as part of a system where you can't mine your own stuff, nor make anything with it, players would have to carefully weigh the potential reward of random combat against the true risk of dying.

Would it give players a sense of purpose that kept them logging in after the initial surge of a new map? Very likely so.
Would it to a large degree address the current lack of maturity displayed in player interactions? Absolutely.

Furthermore instituting a system of in game laws, with in game consequences, that reinforced the economic structure would create a system that could truly be called RPG.
I wouldnt mind seeing you config an example for me.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5

A massive server overhaul. I do like some of the ideas, like restrictions on crafting. Merchants are virtually useless aside from buying leather or expensive items.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
It's not that bad on Herocraft compared to the average minecraft server.

XeKiV

Glowing Redstone
The system @j2gay described was a big part of an RPG server I was a part of a while back. If implemented correctly, it works just fine, creating the need to rely on fellow players for goods and services you cannot otherwise receive.

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

I do admit this system would be a great implementation and make societs and markets more usefull... BUT the main issue is suddenly forcing this on the server could cause GRAVE consequences with the current market and social order. This would be PERFECT on the next reset ( Which is in like 8 months I think so... ouch ) and implementing this then. But either way, it is a very insteresting idea and it seems pretty good.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!

I totally endorse this idea. Yes this would take some getting used to, however in the long run this would make for amazing game play. Towns would serve as social AND economic centers. And those who choose the warrior path for PVP would serve as standing armies for each town. This actually encourages raiding more as well from town to town, or perhaps a thieves guild? The only concerns I can see though would be having the ability to reclass at some point, but make it costly so folks arn't doing it at whim and amassing huge stockpiles of goods/tools from every spec/path. And how would laws be enforced? Each town have a wanted board? Would names be auto added when someone kills a member of that town? Like an automatic bounty list based off of who kills who from opposing towns?

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I totally endorse this idea. Yes this would take some getting used to, however in the long run this would make for amazing game play. Towns would serve as social AND economic centers. And those who choose the warrior path for PVP would serve as standing armies for each town. This actually encourages raiding more as well from town to town, or perhaps a thieves guild? The only concerns I can see though would be having the ability to reclass at some point, but make it costly so folks arn't doing it at whim and amassing huge stockpiles of goods/tools from every spec/path. And how would laws be enforced? Each town have a wanted board? Would names be auto added when someone kills a member of that town? Like an automatic bounty list based off of who kills who from opposing towns?
To answer a few of your questions: Re-speccing before mastery would cause a level reset. Re-speccing after mastery would be expensive.
Towns could enforce the laws with their hired soldiers. However in addition I would suggest replacing Guides with Guards and having them actually help new players.