• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My take on Grefing Rules

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
So, i was bored and playing around with redstone and came up with this idea to help relive mods and admins of petitions.

The rules should be changed from no greifing to minor grefing alowed.
The specifics would be that players will be allowed to grief 1 to 4 blocks of 1st tier materials such as cobble, sand, stone, ect (The list needs to be properly created listing EVERY block the can break).

Now this wouldnt just apply to wilderness areas. The rules for cities would be the same thing but only for city walls for infiltration purposes. (Players are to NOT GRIEF other players plots and town halls) The reasoning for this was that Kain specifically didn't want towns to be lazy, this would encourage them to make repairs on their city walls and attempt to fortify them better.

Now this doesnt mean players cant destroy higher tier blocks, but they are required to place the higher tier blocks back into their proper place unless their are apart of the thievable material's list.

I would like others insight on this idea, as i think it would be the most logical since mods and admins ignore 1 to 4 block 1 tier petitions anyway.

Shadow Bunnies

Legacy Supporter 3
Terrible idea. It completely ruins the point of building defenses in a town and you actually want them to be able to steal rare blocks anywhere? Including towns? You want to change it for wilderness only I'm fine with those changes, but towns should be as they are, untouchable.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
The whole idea of the township system is to provide a small haven from the wasteland around it, with the fact that PVP won't be off, except inside the small town hall, it'll require towns to input gate systems or other things if they don't want raiders getting in.

carmeops

Legacy Supporter 5
i think the grief rules are light enough like that, basically, you can destroy if you repair right after so no change in the building is made, that's not so hard for a thief (i do that aaaall the time) and seriously, if we let people grief more, players will go away in another server more secure (i'm a robber, but i WILL go away if real grief is allowed)

even if we can pvp, if we can xp, if we can steal, if we use tons of mods making the game more interesting: THIS IS A CONSTRUCTION GAME! if we allow people to destroy other players constructions, then we need to stop calling it minecraft!

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
i think the grief rules are light enough like that, basically, you can destroy if you repair right after so no change in the building is made, that's not so hard for a thief (i do that aaaall the time) and seriously, if we let people grief more, players will go away in another server more secure (i'm a robber, but i WILL go away if real grief is allowed)

even if we can pvp, if we can xp, if we can steal, if we use tons of mods making the game more interesting: THIS IS A CONSTRUCTION GAME! if we allow people to destroy other players constructions, then we need to stop calling it minecraft!

So you been enjoying that new "Mine" game, it's like that other game without all that construction and crafting. :p

RogueMind

Legacy Supporter 3
I think that a town too lazy or too poor to afford regioning should be subject to these rules. However I think that regioning should steal require permissions for block placement and removal.

This is why I like it:

-Discourages lazy mayors
-Allows sabotage of red stone contraptions
-Allows A wall access point to be open for a longer period of time

But the issues is that it'd make griefing a bitch to moderate. And that might be enough reason to reject the system entirely.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Read my post to get to the heart of this - it's under general>public>suggestions

This has to do with griefing and brings up a more reasonable stance for/against it. - In regards to raiders/hardcore PVPers.

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
My opinion? No.... Honestly I think this will be more trouble than it's worth. I agree the griefing rules need clearing up a tad and players should read the wiki before filing a pe. But griefing is wrong. We should not encourdige that type of behavior on this server. If miner griefing is allowed it would cause more rage and more problems. I mean some people think miner is just one house. Peoples views on things are different. This could also cause some of our respected members to leave the server. I mean no one likes griefing In any shape or form. So no because this will create more negatives effect than a positive one.

Edit: And all that 'miner griefing' can add up.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
I'm not saying that I agree with this, but I will say THANKS for giving your input.

Think of it like this........Minecraft AND Herocraft are in BETA and we're listening to EVERYONE and ALWAYS doing what we can to improve things. :)

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
All those 1-4 blocks really add up. What if you grief one day, then come back another and grief a different spot? Its an unrealistic idea that would just piss off people even more.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We're in discussion in CORE forums about some changes that may come in - of course if anything changes we'll let you know asap :)