• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My Latest Mega Build

What do you think about the build?

• It's really good!

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Hmm, I don't know...

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Eh, I don't like it that much.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, I figured I would share my first and latest Mega Build in Minecraft with all of you here in Herocraft: a city that I have decided to name Skye-Rocke. It was inspired from last map's Skyforge, which was a township in the Kingdom of Edolas.

I designed the city to have 4 different Tiers to have different purposes, however I will not post each Tier's uses as I just want to show what I can do, and the pics provided will not have the buildings included. ;)

viewThumb.jsp
viewThumb.jsp
viewThumb.jsp
viewThumb.jsp
viewThumb.jsp

So, go ahead and tell me what you think about the build (completely honest, if you will), and constructive criticism is welcome, just don't forget the "constructive" part, so I can further improve my skills. ;)

~Cheers,
TheMormon

Please Note: Yes, I did use Singleplayer Commands and Too Many Items to construct this, as well as (mostly) MC Edit to cut the chunk of earth out of the ground. This was due to me not being able to gather all the materials due to life being a bit busier when I made this.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
To be fair, I dug about a third in order to show me where I needed to cut out. :p I was going to do the whole thing by hand, but then someone I was talking to at the time said I could use MC Edit and make it much faster. XD

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
thats pretty cool. needs more ways of getting up it looks like.

in response to ur mega build i will throw out one of my own.

2011-07-14_161119-1.png

its a giant island inside of a volcano held up by chains. pic is before i built in the middle plots.

2011-07-28_072839.png

2011-07-28_072823.png

2011-07-28_072735.png

Yes its a glowstone tree

2011-07-14_145212.png

before the walls were built

its a 70 radius hemisphere with the city built on top.

this design is being implemented on the server except its not a island in a volcano or floating.

no mc edit on this.... just world edit and single player commands

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah, these pics were taken before I implemented a water elavator of sorts, with little places for you to actually breathe. ;)

And Rue, that is quite impressive! *claps*

xXAmonicXx

ICE ICE ICE!

2011-07-14_161119-1.png

its a giant island inside of a volcano held up by chains. pic is before i built in the middle plots.

2011-07-28_072839.png

2011-07-28_072823.png

2011-07-28_072735.png

Yes its a glowstone tree

2011-07-14_145212.png

this design is being implemented on the server except its not a island in a volcano or floating.

Nice, it looks like some kindof demon city, maybe something like from "Heroes of Might and Magic" :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
All these ideas I've had before, lol. I'm adding "City suspended by chains" to the list.

Very nice though, both of you. I rather wish you didn't have the flatten that area to fit in your city though, Mormon. I like it when things can look sort of natural.

And hey, with the addition of Beta Creative I may have to make some stuff like this as well.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Very nice though, both of you. I rather wish you didn't have the flatten that area to fit in your city though, Mormon. I like it when things can look sort of natural.
Yeah, I like the natural look too, but when it has to be in a big pit so that it fits in Minecraft height wise... :/ I had only like, 3 extra blocks before the sky limit. :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I heard about that as well... But still, 120ish blocks can be a little stifling. Hopefully those modding licenses pop up soon.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
#1 damn this thread was kinda old
#2 My city is underground with a natural volcano design around it so it does look natural from the outside, in a lava volcanoie way.
#3 the problem with the double sky limit was double memory required. and Minecraft sucks at its memory as it is.

the wolfe

Legacy Supporter 6
thats bloody well epic good job man i couldn't be able to build something THAT epic, thats pretty good workmenship i like the theme of it too:cool:

mrfreaker

ICE ICE ICE!

2011-07-14_161119-1.png

2011-07-28_072839.png

2011-07-28_072823.png

2011-07-28_072735.png

Yes its a glowstone tree

2011-07-14_145212.png

sweet jesus thats awesome