• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

my big, forgotten build I work on every now and then

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
So this is my inspiration, Asgard from the movie thor
THOR-concept-art-Asgard-map.jpg

and this is where I'm at
2013-05-25_01.21.30.png

yeah, there was alot more "simple" terraforming than I thought... I started planning it as a capital size back when town regions were "circular". Let me know what you think, and feel free to steal this idea for your next town. I will definitely not be building it legitimately in HC due the time it would take.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Alrighty, would've given an update yesterday but my internet was down... Anyways

So I'm about 90 percent finished with the first tower. Just have detail work to comoplete

2013-05-29_15.45.30.png

2013-05-29_12.51.10.png

So yeah, didn't mean to start the building off with a fruity start. It has 6 floors with each having the ability to be two story apartments. I always build with herocraft in mind so the lobby is set up for multiple lifts so each resident can reach their own floor with 1 click. Or perhaps this tower could be used as an alchemist's corporation headquarters.

I might retry working on the castle next but we'll see

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Sorry guys for the lack of updates, I've finally found a reference for the castle that I like. I will post a pic shortly once I finish sketching my concept.

Edit:

Here is the layout I've decided on. The only part of the interior that is decided is the throne room. Anyways, hope this satiates anyone who was curious about this project. I'll probably start the building tonight and be done in a day or two

photo (1).JPG

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Okay, so 50 hours of work last week wasn't fun. Just got back to working on the palace and this is where i'm at:
2013-06-10_22.45.06.png

so yeah, I've fully finished the royal hall

2013-06-10_22.45.17.png

Just have to decide if I'm going with the towering roof, or just a roman-style triangular roof

2013-06-10_22.45.28.png

this was a happy accident, great view from the throne... a metaphor for the power of the people or a reminder for the king? haha

2013-06-10_22.45.49.png

and an interior shot. See all the detail? it takes me a long time to finally decide on a layout for a building because I always want to include a lot of intricate detailing. I'm pretty happy with the interior of the hall

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Red, your work is looking sweet so far. This would've been a cool alternative to the Verstad we see today. Maybe if you come back in the faraway future with a new map in prospects, do you think we could implement some of these ideas together?

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Sure, maybe in future map generation. It would be awesome to contribute something larger to Herocraft that just sporadic builds here and there, like i have in the past.

Alias820

Iron
Should be, i'd go insane if I kept expanding. I'm just having problems figuring out what exactly to build

I was thinking of starting with something like this
images

156466_9_600.jpeg

sure, if I finish
Of all the insane projects ive seen my friends take up I don't know you well but I would be honored if I did, this is amazing and just incredible. :D

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
Of all the insane projects ive seen my friends take up I don't know you well but I would be honored if I did, this is amazing and just incredible. :D

Thanks man, but your compliment overshoots my work. We'll see if I ever come close to completion.

RedEchoRanger

ICE ICE ICE!
So here is where I am...

2013-06-21_23.11.29.png

I added to wall in front of the palace and a smal tiered wheat field. I wasn't sure how to add more detail.

2013-06-21_23.11.18.png

I know what you're thinking... The statues are courtesy of EvilSketch over at Planet Minecraft. Check his stuff out, great tools for creative minecraft there.

2013-06-21_23.11.51.png

Another aerial shot of my additions. I've added flanking libraries to the castle, probably going to extend into the southern section of the triquetra with additions to the palace.

Let me know if you have any ideas or tweaks, I would love to hear any kind of feedback.

So here is where I am...

View attachment 7350

I added to wall in front of the palace and a smal tiered wheat field. I wasn't sure how to add more detail.

View attachment 7351

I know what you're thinking... The statues are courtesy of EvilSketch over at Planet Minecraft. Check his stuff out, great tools for creative minecraft there.

View attachment 7352

Another aerial shot of my additions. I've added flanking libraries to the castle, probably going to extend into the southern section of the triquetra with additions to the palace.

Let me know if you have any ideas or tweaks, I would love to hear any kind of feedback.

Really good buildings. I liked the third, it is epic. I think it will take a long time, but it really will be incomparable! :D

Alias820

Iron
Thanks man, but your compliment overshoots my work. We'll see if I ever come close to completion.
I don't think so at all, You have a lot planned out, have started the major set up of it inside the game and in general know exactly what your doing. When I see a project planned out like how you have it, I don't look at what you've got done so far you already know what your doing so in my head your already done. I know that even half finished this will be one amazing build to remember :)