• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

My Beguiler Re-Work Ideas :D

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
If you like the idea then please rate the post! If you have concerns, questions or comments please reply below!

The Beguiler Controls the Battlefield and aids those around him. He has many abilities that disrupt players and causing confusion and chaos in group battles.

Basic Information:
Type: Caster
Focus: Highly CC
Base Equip Weight: Same
Weapon: Hoe

Base Health: same
Health Per Lvl: same
Max Health: same

Base Stamina: same

Base Mana: 900
Mana Per Lvl: Same
Max Mana: 1120

Starting Attributes:
Same

Strengths:
High CC
Disruptive Abilities

Weaknesses:
Low Health and Armor

Skills:
Level: 1
Tumble -
Mana: 0 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 0 Warmup: Passive Reagent:
Description: You are able to fall (3 + 0.1 per agility point) additional# blocks without taking damage.

Illusionist's Orb-
Mana: 100 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 7 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: The Caster Conjures and Deadly Orb from A Distant Plain Hurling it at an Enemy dealing 98 ( + .75 per Int)

Level: 5
Phasewalk -
Mana: 150 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 35 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: Grants a large boost to the casters movement speed for (5 + .16 per Intellect point.) Does not break on combat

Level: 10
Summon Food-

Level: 15
Pulse-

Level: 20
PhaseMark –
Mana: 75 Stamina: 50 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 0 Reagent: None
Description: Caster marks a target within (10 +.16 Intellect points) blocks for a future phase shift. Phase Mark lasts for 10 seconds once cast.

PhaseSwitch –
Mana: 200 Stamina: 70 Cooldown: 30 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Description: Caster switches places with the player they Marked with PhaseMark. Phase Marked player is effected by nausea for 3 seconds after the switch. Phase switch is only usable if the caster is within (10 +.16 Intellect points) blocks of the target

Level 25
Wisdom -

Level: 30
Splendor-

Level: 35
Plague Bomb-
(Will be Changed See below)

Level: 40
Conjure Cloak-
Mana: 200 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 40 Warmup: 1 Reagent: None
Conjures a Cloak Around the beguiler making him invisible for 5 sec (.4 per charisma) then Making him flicker for 3 seconds (.2 per char)

Level: 45
Beguile-

Level: 50
Banish-
Mana: 500 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 70 sec Warmup: 3 Reagent:
Description: You Banish your Target to a distant Plain granting them invisibility,blindness, and disarming, silencing
, and stunning them.
Level: 55
Teleport-

Level: 60
Blink-

Level: 65
Discombobulate-
Mana: 700 Stamina: 0 Cooldown: 100 sec Warmup: 5 Reagent:
Desc - Randomly changed the targets attributes around
EX
Str -3
con 30
end -2
agi 30
int 9
wis 7
char 15
could go to
Str
Con 9
End 15
Agi -3
Int 7
Wis 30
Char -2

Plague Bomb - Changed from 125 to 100 Scaling changed from 2.875 to 1.5 per int

I would like Comments But this Isnt my best ideas considering its late
@Balance Team

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Why did you make the buffed QuantumLeap needlessly(imo) complicated? The only strength I can see in the two skill combo-mark/shift system is that you can now QuantumLeap outside line-of-sight once you mark them, meaning better escapes. Could be cool, may not be much more useful than QuantumLeap though. Consider the potential to mark party members, allowing for you to do damage and then swap out to the back line while a tank takes your position (remove Nausea effect for party members). Still comparable to current QL though.

Why did you give them an in-combat speed boost? This doesn't fit. Give them something that temporarily lowers AGI or movement speed of opponents instead of speeding the control-Mage's movement. As far as I can tell, beguiler is intended to kite around using cc, not sprint skills.

Discombobulate: if it works, it should not change END levels or people will start dropping armor. I expect that this is a pain in the ass to code, but it would immediately weaken any class the beguiler targeted. If it works its cool, and further balancing can be done.

Invis/flicker: I need to hear more, I do not know why this is here.

Banish cc: unless the server can stop people from disabling them, I won't support adding Blinds to any more skills. It doesn't make sense to allow an advantage to slightly competent players using legal mods.
I think we are all onto something with this "ultimate form of cc", regardless of which current effects are used in tandem to achieve Banish, it has great potential to help redefine Beguiler in a control support role.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright, In my opinion-beguiler doesn't need a whole rework like this. I think that we can work with what we have without designing 5+ new skills/concepts. Beguiler is suppose to be a trickster, and I feel like the most efficient way we could do this would be to have multiple types of plague bombs.

Regular Damage Plaguebomb
  • Reduce base damage
  • The damage is split, 1/2 of the damage is initial and the other 1/2 is damage over time
CC Plaguebomb
  • Applies slowness and nausea to whoever hit
  • Maybe some sort of extra knockback when it hits?
Stat Reducing Plaguebomb
  • Any enemies hit have some stats reduced
  • Only certain stats? 5 for each? Endurance should not be affected although because of armor weight
Instead of the stat reducing plague bomb: Stamina/mana plaguebomb
  • Enemies who are hit lose 3 hunger bars and 150 mana
  • This one would have a long cooldown
And of course one to support allies!
  • I was thinking maybe a 5 second speed 3 or 2 buff
  • And a strength intellect increase by 10 for 10 seconds
And then of course nerf their fireball scaling/damage. I am pretty sure that if we took this route of change it would be a lot less work for our dev (@0xNaomi ) because the mechanics of the plague bomb would all be the same but he wouldn't have to code whole new skills (correct me if I'm wrong)

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I am pretty sure that if we took this route of change it would be a lot less work for our dev (@0xNaomi ) because the mechanics of the plague bomb would all be the same but he wouldn't have to code whole new skills (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for the concern, but I read Jup's post thinking about how it could be done.
Only thing I can't see is the flicker on the cloak, but the rest is either doable (time limits make storage a non-issue) or cloneable (orb = pearl which we already have a skill for, just take out the tele).

Ofc, the bombs are doable too, though it sounds like we'd get some Shaman problems all over again and a lot of wool.
(If you do that I'm not going to allow it to be all sheep)