• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Multiverse] A Mob hunting world!

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
This was suggested in another thread that is slowly dieing, but the idea is so good I thought it deserved it's own thread.

We need another world to go be Heroic in, one where the focus is hunting and slaying creatures.

If this would work, I would like to suggest : Since mobs are limited, we need to limit the places they spawn. Since mobs won't spawn underwater, I suggest making a flooded world, with 1 or 2 "continents" where mobs can spawn. That way the mobs will be concentrated and close enough for players to encounter.

Make it always night, and turn off mob drops and mining on MobWorld, so that people can mine on Zeal world for money and items, but have a choice for earning xp.

We can travel there by the Nexus, and must bring what we think we will need with us, since there are no drops and mining is disallowed.

It can be PvP enabled, but there won't be much point in PvPing since people aren't going to bring much besides weapons and armor.

This suggestion wouldn't take anything from Zeal's world, but would give Heroes an alternative when it comes to gaining xp.

Please comment if anything sounds off, I'll change it to try to provide a convincing argument in favor of this! :D

G4M3R_117

TNT
Dont forget the only way out is to die a heroic death!

The reasoning I had for this was so that people understood that entering this area was not to be taken lightly, if they were to enter they would need to be prepared and know what they plan to do, I think maybe mining man placed blocks if possible would be nice but nothing else meaning that people could start up small bases for residing in should they need too. This would however mean that mining tree's and so on would be a wanted thing, But alas I say that they can only mine what other people place so we are not left with tree'less boring bland "Continents" And instead they must bring what building materials they need with them! This would help the environment stay natural while still adding that aspect of "Hey its minecraft I need SOMEWHERE to camp in when im about to die" whilst not allowing the world to be dismantled by mining happy twats!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
+1, mah brother.

Can't forget about caves beneath loaded chunks, but if mining was disallowed you could just WorldEdit (right? WorldEdit?) everything below a certain altitude into stone or something. I will say that hunting within Zeal's no-pvp, regioned grounds is very fun. Few people bother with the wilderness in that area, and it's good to know it's just you and the creepers.

If Kainzo wanted to make this a building project with specifically-designed islands, I'd be game to provide help. Heck, I'd apply for Architect to get the chance. I'm thinking having a mob-free spawn island and lots of distinctive islands (you know, mountains, deserts, forests, zombie-infested hotels) farther out would be the way to go.

EDIT: regarding shelters, how about designated build areas? Small places where players have the ability to place blocks. I would say that unattended structures in build areas can be removed (see: griefed) by anybody, and any leftover supplies be taken.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
Let's just keep it as simple as possible to begin with, so that @Kainzo (;)) and crew have an idea to start with. But all that sounds pretty awesome.

GraRona

Portal
I just think it should be no building rights, and no pvp. Just a world of mobs that you and your friends can take down.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Sounds a world of training grounds... *Shiver*
Except that there would be more natural mobs instead of using spawners which take up mob slots on the main map, and lots of different terrain oughta keep things interesting.

G4M3R_117

TNT
Just had another idea, I could edit this in later with my other post but I want all the space I can get just in-case.

What if this world were to be the world where the "Portals" (that spawn the giant skele's and stuff when events happen) originated from? This could be an area that was continuously under attack and every now and then they would "Breach" that world and enter ours creating hero-gates that lead to that world? Whenever they breach it could mean that every township were to have a treaty in that world meaning the no pvp and if they wanted too could send their armies to fight the monsters off? The reason something like this could work is because it could give loremasters ALOT to work with if they wanted too whilst adding an ingame overall goal of protecting the land and with it zeal? Now this would require alot of coordination that being why it has alot of flaws, but if something like this were to happen it would add something that no other server has "An ingame server goal" of protecting the world from masses of mobs spawning in the real world?

Either way another idea that will go unnoticed! :D

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
Just had another idea, I could edit this in later with my other post but I want all the space I can get just in-case.

What if this world were to be the world where the "Portals" (that spawn the giant skele's and stuff when events happen) originated from? This could be an area that was continuously under attack and every now and then they would "Breach" that world and enter ours creating hero-gates that lead to that world? Whenever they breach it could mean that every township were to have a treaty in that world meaning the no pvp and if they wanted too could send their armies to fight the monsters off? The reason something like this could work is because it could give loremasters ALOT to work with if they wanted too whilst adding an ingame overall goal of protecting the land and with it zeal? Now this would require alot of coordination that being why it has alot of flaws, but if something like this were to happen it would add something that no other server has "An ingame server goal" of protecting the world from masses of mobs spawning in the real world?

Sounds pretty... Heroic, doesn't it? :D

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4

Looove it! An event in Zeal occurs, we stem the tide of mobs coming out of the portal, and managing to work your way into it sticks you into a particular area of Mobland. You then do something there, beat a staff member or tougher waves of monsters, and the portal breaks down. Trapped players may need to remember their redstone, or the admins could have mercy on us. ;)

Dunno about the town treaty thing, though... What if build areas are no-pvp all the time, and all of Mobland is no-pvp during events?

G4M3R_117

TNT
*waits for Aph to kiss me* Screw it I have to admit, I was ripped off!

On topic thats good to hear Kain!

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
This idea is pretty spectacular. A world dedicated to RPing and very limited to no building.

You would go in with your band of Heroes, set up shop and slay monsters, and explore for Spell/Exp Dungeons(If or when they come in).

Maybe a new quest Plugin(HeroQuest) could be developed in the same way the Bounty system works. Accept Quest A to slay 15 Zombies in Town B(Clarified by the region it's in) and get a set reward. Quests could have time periods and only one person/party can be doing the same quest at a time. Some quests could be limited to only being completed by one party/person per day. So multiple people could attempt it but once it's completed no one can complete it until it resets.

I'm quite excited over a world such as this and the amount of depth and lore it could bring into Herocraft. I kinda want to start doing a bit of Java to help out such a project if it goes underway(if it hasn't already)

MD_Bay

Legacy Supporter 4
This idea is pretty spectacular. A world dedicated to RPing and very limited to no building.

You would go in with your band of Heroes, set up shop and slay monsters, and explore for Spell/Exp Dungeons(If or when they come in).

Maybe a new quest Plugin(HeroQuest) could be developed in the same way the Bounty system works. Accept Quest A to slay 15 Zombies in Town B(Clarified by the region it's in) and get a set reward. Quests could have time periods and only one person/party can be doing the same quest at a time. Some quests could be limited to only being completed by one party/person per day. So multiple people could attempt it but once it's completed no one can complete it until it resets.

I'm quite excited over a world such as this and the amount of depth and lore it could bring into Herocraft. I kinda want to start doing a bit of Java to help out such a project if it goes underway(if it hasn't already)
You just made this sound a whole lot better! :D